Favorites?

@Ldyjarhead (10157)
I love Christian fiction! Who are your favorite authors? What are your favorite books I'm almost done a series of books by Karen Kingsbury; she's awesome!
@Loen210 (1533)
Hi hun, I'd have to spend more time thinking. But one of my most recent favorite books was: "Kite Runner". So powerful. A childhood favorites I first think of: - "BFG" (Big Friendly Giant) - The Chrnoicles of Narnia (all time favorites) - Anne of Green Gables (which I didn't even read until after I was an adult; grew up in love with the movie series) Sometimes books on tape and through book really change your opinion. As a child, I loved listening to the recording (that has music, matching voices and everything) "The Family Under the Bridge." After reading the book many years later, I was thinking if I had read it first, I wouldn't have listened to the tape. That was my thought at that moment though. I have several more books that are favorites as an adult, but I have such bad memory in remembering titles!
@Modestah (11192)
my children loved the Fr. Finn books (from the 1880s) they are great adventure stories and we have several of them... even I loved them dearly. my daughters also very much like any book written and illustrated by Kate Seredy.
@Loen210 (1533)
Hmmm, I'd never heard of the Fr. Finn books. I will have to look into those one day. :o) It's great to have favorites, and your children read them and pass them on. :o)
My favorite Christian authors are Karen Kingsbury and Beverly Lewis. I have read a couple good ones from our church library but I don't recall the authors names off the top of my head.
Actually, I like Beverly Lewis' Abram's Daughters series- those girls became like my own family! Not sure why I attached so deeply to those characters. Her other books are hit and miss as to whether I like them.
@Ldyjarhead (10157)
I've only recently discovered Karen Kingsbury and have finished two series. I'm now reading a 'stand alone' book of hers until some of the rest are available. They're checked out so I reserved them.
@Modestah (11192)
several years ago I read and very much enjoyed the Joshua Series of books, though I can not recall the author's name off hand. But most of all I enjoyed the books written by Frank Paretti piercing the darkness this present darkness prophet the oath and there may have been another one I read. they all kept me gripped on the edge of my seat waiting for more. hard books to put down. I have so many more books that I should read instead so I no longer read the novels.
@gtargirl (5385)
Hi Ldyjarhead, I absolutely love Christian fiction. Right now I'm reading "Mariah Mundi" by G.P. Taylor who has been heralded as the new C.S. Lewis. And speaking of . . . I adore every book Lewis has written. I'm in the middle (yep, I'm reading more than one book at a time lol) of his space trilogy where his lead character is based on his bestest friend ever, JRR Tolkien. It's awesome. I love Randy Ingermanson's, "Oxygen" and James Scott Bell's, "The Nephilim Seed." There's a ton more, but I'll run out of space. Happy reading, my friend and God bless.