While shopping and smelling sprays do you find it stealing?

When your spraying/smelling those air fresheners is that stealing? When your spraying that nice scent of perfume is that stealing? You know those house sprays etc Thanks so much
@ElicBxn (60895)
If you don't know a smell and they don't put a "scratch and sniff" on the can, how can you tell if you are going to like it? I was talking to a lady in the store who worked for one of the air freshener companyies and she knew I was trying a few that I didn't know how they smelled.
I asked becasue of a response I received on a mylot post i made in the past. I was told I was stealing from the customers by spraying my shopping cart. Now I buy the can of spray if I forget my wipes at home.
@ElicBxn (60895)
many stores around here have something called "cart wipes" to wipe down your cart - curtesy of the store
@wolfie34 (26793)
Hell no! It's like try before you buy! When you see a garment you like you go and try it on right? To make sure it's right for you, if it's not you don't buy. So with perfumes when they are very expensive you have to try it first, otherwise you've wasted all that money only to find that you don't like the stuff or it makes you smell like a tarts handkerchief LOL! And do you want your home smelling of lavender if your other half is highly allergic to it? No it's definitely NOT stealing and there are always lovely young ladies there to spray you! Well in the stores I go to there are! Sometimes the perfume counters are soo overwhelming with the smells that you can't breathe!
Wow! your a smart one I have t say. The reason I asked was this. I spray my cart down in the store. I was told by someone here in the past that I was stealing from the customer. But,If they ran out of wipes up front I should not be forced to suffer. Thanks so much. I feel like going out side to my neighbors how to try the merchandise. LOL
@bowtieguy (5927)
I think one spray would be alright, as long as you only try a few diffrent kinds and only spray them once. What I tihnk is stealing is people who go to the perfume or colounge section and try it on their whole bodies then leave, I thin it obvious then that they were stealing it.
Well, I sure as hell ain't buying anything if I can't smell it first. I'd hardly call it stealing.
@winterose (39918)
well I don\t spray freshners unless there is a free sampler, the same with perfume because when somebody else buys it they get short changed.
@whittby (3073)
Well, there's two ways to look at this. I can see where you would want to know what it smells like before you buy it and want to test it out. But like what was just said, wouldn't you be mad if you brought home a can that was half gone already? I think it's better to buy it from the name of the scent and the manufacturer you trust only. I would leave the testing for the bottles labelled "tester". whit
@sedel1027 (17854)
If there is not a tester, then it is stealing. The person who buys that can is being cheated out of a full can.
No not stealing. better to smell and little than to buy and take back. Better for you and for the seller actually. Because they can't sell and bring back product.
@VampAmber (308)
I always assumed that they didn't cover them in plastic to keep out theft, because they wanted you to test it out. The perfume ones are usually either plastically wrapped, in a box, or labeled "try me," so unless you rip open one, that's definitely not stealing. So yeah, I don't see spraying the air freshener to test it out as stealing. I see it as comparison shopping.