I keep forgetting to buy peroxide for my milk

I was told here to add baking soda to my milk to help keep it longer. I had to try it and boy does it work. I have that ring around my milk that yu get when ready to toss it. My milk is as fresh as if I bought it yesterday. That is a wonderful trick. Now a responder said to use peroxide to keep it good altogether. I can't remember that for the life of me. Now tomorrow I have to go to the hospital. I hope to remember while I am there. What do you do to help remember to buy something?
Never heard of adding baking soda or peroxide. How much baking soda to say a gallon? or half?
@chrislotz (8203)
I have to write myself a note to remember things. When I go to the store I never go anymore without some kind of note or list or else I come home with everything but. I only put on the list the things I really need and then I buy other things too. But this way I don't forget what it is I really need or went to the store to purposely buy. I have never heard about putting this stuff in my milk to keep it longer and I don't think I would do it anyways. Don't you taste the bakingsoda? And peroxide can be poisoniss if you use too much. I am surprised you wouldn't know this since you work at a hospital. It says it right on the container not to take internally. I went and looked at my bottle.
@cokyjazz (429)
I havent heard of the baking soda trick.Does it change the flavour at all? PLEASE don't put peroxide in your milk.peroxide is poison no matter how much you put in your body. A list is a good way to remember things.If you only have to remember one thing-maybe write it on your hand.
@Krisss (1231)
Wow I think it might be a good thing that your forgot to buy peroxide. Peroxide is toxic and should not be injested at all. Is this pasturised milk you are buying or raw milk direct from a farmer? I think you should perhaps check the temperature of your refridgerator.
@sedel1027 (17855)
Isn't peroxide toxic?
@sedel1027 (17855)
Out of curiosity I did some research and only found this referenced one place and only for raw (unpasturized) milk. Where is says to add 1 DROP of 35% hydrogen peroxide to one liter of milk. Still not sure if I would use that, depending on how much milk you drink. I would be afraid of the hydrogen peroxide building up in my liver.
@Sissygrl (10915)
Not only that, but it bleaches your hair and clothes if you get it on stuff and things, so what's it gonna do to your insides.. But a small amount may be ok.. but i'd rather just buy smaller amounts of milk if i had milk going bad often!
@Sissygrl (10915)
lol my milk doesnt last in my fridge long enough for it to go bad EVER. We drink it all two days after we get it. To help me remember to buy things however, i usually make a list of things i need to do when i'm out, or i just keep repeating it in my head untill its stuck in there.. but the notes are always better.. unless i forget them at home.
Same here Sis, we go through 2 gallons of milk aweek, I can not remember the last time I had to throw away milk, other then what was in a sippy cup.
@Sissygrl (10915)
I dont think i would ever put peroxide in my milk.. Your not supposed to ingest peroxide i know it probably wouldnt hurt you in small amounts, but still.. i wouldnt suggest it!
@Canellita (12058)
Peroxide in milk???? I'm not so sure that would be a good idea. It generally isn't recommended that you ingest peroxide.
This is interesting, but I think I would have to see it somewhere explaining why it works. I don't like the idea of adding peroxide to anything however I know a little ingested is not harmfully. But I really am a person that has to know the way and where fors before I start adding things to food such as this.
@gemini_rose (16193)
I can not understand why someone would suggest to you that peroxide would keep milk good, its what I use to bleach my hair and it burns my head sometimes so I could not imagine what it would do to you if you drink it! I really hope you do not try that one and just stick to the baking soda!! To help me remember I write it on my hand black pen, this is if I really really need to remember something, other than that I just use a list, mind you I forget things even when they are written down in front of me.
@Yoshi_ (156)
That's odd, haven't heard of either before. Doesn't the baking soda make it taste bad? I find my milk doesn't go off for almost 2 weeks (if it lasts me that long :P), and that's without adding anything to it. I also will buy a few bottles milk if it is on special when I do my food shopping and then put it in the freezer. It lasts for quite a long time frozen.
@bowtieguy (5930)
I keep one of those new arm and hammer fresh packs hanging in my fridge. It keeps things pretty fresh and has a little marker that tells you when to replace it.
@Jemina (5783)
I also have a problem with my short term memory. That's why I can't live without my cellphone because it has most of things I have to remember doing. Yes, I always remind myself through my cellphone and it's a great help especially for someone like me who easily forgets things. I may write it down but the thing is I always forget where I had written it or where did I put my little notebook. By cellphone is always with me anywhere I go so I find it the perfect gadget to remind me anything.
@winterose (39918)
wow that is interesting, I never heard of either one of them but I would not try peroxide, that is dangerous. Says on the label not for internal use
@Modestah (11192)
I am not good at remembering, I utilize my children's sharp brains mostly... lol. I find this peroxide and baking soda solution interesting. never heard them before. did your milk take on an odd flavor?
@ElicBxn (60884)
I have a little list, I have a little list, And on my little list Are those things that must not be missed. (sorry Sirs Gilbert and Sullivan)