No one has perfect kids

How do you manage those kids that just don't stop. It's like they wake up with a ever ready batteries in their behinds. Not being able to just sit and enjoy a movie. Having to be all over the place. We have them in our homes or have known someone with them. Where do you find the strength? I am not here to judge. I also don't want anyone bashing my friends who respond here. Not everyone can handle hyper kids. Thanks so much
@kbourgerie (8782)
You hook them up to a plough outside and run your housing energy off of them. Just kidding. Sorry gifts, just couldn't resist it. And I don't always find the strength. Sometimes if my son has too much energy, I tell him to walk the dog. The fresh air usually helps to mellow him. Or if its night time I have him take a bath. That usually works too.
That would be awesome if we could, kbourgerie...;)
I am going to pass along the walking the dog idea. That should do the trick.
@chrislotz (8209)
I never had this problem, quite the opposite. My kids were very low key and mellow when they were young. I do know some people that have kids that are rambunktious and I don't know how they do it. They just let them be kids and let them wear themselves out to the point that they need to take naps during the day. But I know I wouldn't have the patients to put up with it so I guess I am lucky my kids weren't like that. Mind you I am a lot older now, 50, and so my patients have run out. Maybe when I was younger it might not have bothered me.
I happen to have one of these kids. As soon as he wakes up he is ready to go. We do a lot of outside activities to help burn off the energy. I was really concerned about it when he started school in September. It took a few months but he finally adjusted to how he had to be in school. So am happy that he settled in. I am also seeing that as he is getting a little older he is settling down nicely.
@vanities (11340)
• Davao, Philippines
im lucky i guess ive got only one son whom i consider not so hyper but for me very tiresome to take care of since he wont sleep in the afternoon that was when he was still 2yrs and below..and i need the rest i could get during those times..but i had survive it all lol!!and i think its mothers instinct what will make us handle with care on our kids..
my cousin have a son of very hyper kids.he is so much fun,as a matter of fact my aunty and uncle,grandmother and grandfather of him was so happy when they see the very cute kids not only them but also the people around him.he is really fun.he can ease the tiredness of the people eventhough he is so hyper.its good to have a kid of hyper coz you have fun.if you have kids which you prepared to have the hyper kids or the sickly kids?hyper kids is a healthy one.would you agreed on me?
@neelygal (1024)
• Bahamas
My six year old son is this way.If you ever figure out how to slow them down please let me know.From the time he gets up in themorning until he goes to bed at night he is hypered right up.We dont givehim anything sweet because we thought that played a role in it,but still hes very hyper.Sometimes I yell a him and then I feel bad about it because some kids are just like that.My oldest son is very quiet and at first we coulnt figure out why the other son wasnt more like his brother.But all kids are different is what we learnt.I also have a seven month old daughter and I am already seeing that she is a lso going to be quite active.Lord help us if we have to go through this again,lol.I ask God for the strength and patience to deal with my hyper little boy and somehow I just get through the days.Its fine now because school is in but O gee when summer arrives it will be quite a time at our house.
@nyumix (1661)
• Belgium
I think most of healthy kids like to do like that. If I was not feeling better, it could be irritated as well. But as a parent of course we need to be able to cool down.
@yannycui (377)
Yes, no mother has pefect kids and no kids has perfect mother. Bree tried to be a perfect mother but failled. Although she is only a character of Desperat Housewife, we can learn a lot from her. Kids are kids because they are enjoying to try everything and take the adventure to do dangerous things. Every kid is lovely and deserved our love.
@winterose (39915)
my son was always quiet, you never knew that he was in the house
hello,im a mom of a very energetic 6 year old boy.i guess the best weapon to help our child is to love them unconditionally and made this kind of love known to them .when i want him to behave before going to church or if he didnt behave in an ocassion i talk to him.but before i talk to him i ask him to pray with me so our talk will be guided so i wont be harsh on him and he be cooperative.i always tell him i love him and i think he is improving little by little.when me and their dad watch news id tell him to go to the room so we can understand the news.sometimes it takes a loud voice and if we are lucky he just obey.sometimes he would just tell me "mommy i didnt run on the way to school because i might get hurt if i did,right mommy?most of the times they just need assurance that they are loved and get attention.but of course every child is different and im lucky this approach works on my son.