Why would you kick your child out the house?

As hard as it is to ever think about. Some children/pre-teens/adults over 18/ need to be put in their place. There are ways one can try an nothing works. What would have to happen for you to be pushed to this point?
@carolbee (16241)
I would never have asked one of our kids to leave. There were times I grounded them, like it or not, but would never have thrown one out. They are adults now and in fact one moved back home for a year after her divorce and then moved back out again. If they ever needed a place to stay whether it be temporary or permanent, the are always welcome here. I know someone who did put her kids out as soon as they turned 18 and had nothing but trouble with the kids. In and out of prison, children when unmarried and other issues. It was a total disaster. And really this person's theory was, put them out at 18 and make them grow up. It didn't work. Our kids stayed home, two of them, while attending college. One of our girls lived on campus while attending a local college, eventually becoming a university.
Your kids are doing great. Not all kids who move out or are asked to at 18 end up that way. Many times it's the way the person led their life. Staying home with mom does not keep things from happening. Thanks for the nice response
@winterose (39918)
I have when I have had to, my son got so out of hand I had no choice, he is back with me now, and he is 31, but after that situation he did settle down and was less out of control.
You gave him a lesson no teacher could. Thanks so much
@chrislotz (8203)
Well when my son was 16 years old he quit school and nothing I did made him go back. Till he was 21 he didn't work or do anything with his life so I finally gave up trying to get him to do something and I kicked him out of the house. He moved in with two of his friends, they were brothers, and it was a party house. My son had to get a job to pay his rent to live there and after a few months he couldn't stand it anymore. He was making pretty good money, even for his first job, in construction, so he bought his own house. He then thanked me for kicking him out so he would get his butt in gear and do something for himself. Today he is 33 years old, this month, and is married and owns two houses, rents one out, and owns his own company. SOmetimes tough love works and we have no choice but to force our kids to do something for themselves. We have a very good relationship now and no more fighting for him to do something.
Wiping the tears from my eyes. Awesome.. just awesome.
@Deea48 (1168)
My children although all grown on out on their own, new I would not hesitate to show them the door after 16 years of age. It was live by the house rules or find somehwere else to live. My daughter tested the rules one time, she sat with me while I got ready to call to find out about foster parents for her. She decided that my rules maybe were not so bad. Hehehe... Now if they move in with me they know they would have to help with the house bills, my oldset had lived with me 2 times now, and always paid 1/2 the bills. I have 3 very hard working independent resourceful grown children. I am proud of how well they have done.
This is how it is meant to be. Your the parent and they are the kids. I would always agree with you here. :)
@KKKBsmom (1093)
Sadly Ihave had to kick mine out!!! She is polar and would not take meds... she now is better.. and sadly back home... and pregnant... oh well we have to deal with it don't we! lol
I can understand this one. The living without the meds is not good. I hope she continues to take them.
@Guardian208 (1095)
I hope and pray I am never in that situation. My heart goes out to those of you who are or were there. For us, we would always leave that option open, but only in certain cases. If we felt that our child's behavior was causing too much distress for our other children then yes, we would show him the door. Yes we love him. Yes we would do ANYTHING for him. Yes we would take him to rehab or whatever he needed. But no, we would certainly not let his irresponsible behavior damage the familylife we have been working to build. We would not let him destroy the other children's childhoods.
I don't think I would ever be able to kick my son out for anything. Yea we can all give reasons why to but things are easier said than done. I could never put my baby on the streets.