Has anyone almost hit a receptionist out of pure anger?

I felt like it was the last straw for me today. I went off again at the doctor's office. Last week I was at the doctors office at 12:45 pm. I got called to get weighed at 2:30 Then 3:15 they finally found my chart that was lost. Then 3:30 I get called in to the doctors room. I was crying already because that heart burn was killing my chest. I had the runs all the night before and my stomach was empty. I also needed to get a letter for my gastric bypass doctors. The receptionist was told to give me a referral to have the breathing test. She turned he back and said she was off and going home. It was not fair to me I waited all day. So now today I go to have the breathing test. The prescription for the set is not in her office. I go back to the receptionist 1:15 to get the prescription for the test. The last test is 2pm. It was a mess. I had to curse the people out for acting like I was clear as glass. I demanded to have a talk with the supervisor both days and no one showed up. This nice woman calls me to the back to write the prescription. Why was it so hard to do for them? I am sitting here with a booming migraine and the tears still fighting to stay in. After my surgery I'll have to find another doctor.
@winterose (39918)
I can get mad and yell and scream but I am not prone to violence, sorry that you had such a hard time. It is just not right.
OH How I wish I had not even gone that far. I hate violence because it solves nothing. But that one there I may have to learn her a new lesson.
@winterose (39918)
thanks for best response hon
@carmelanirel (20979)
Oh I can't stand my doctors receptionist other than the doctors wife, she is nice. I haven't been angry enough to hit them, but they have made me angry, really angry...
Well I should move to my mothers doctor's. She loves her doctors and his wife is the receptionist there. :)
Yeah, maybe when the wife is the receptionist, for some reason she don't get so nasty..
@chrislotz (8203)
I agree with you that it can be frustrating waiting for your appointment, but it isn't the receptionist fault. She is only doing her job and she can't help it if the doctor is so busy you have to wait. I think it is the doctors fault for having too many appointments booked, which he probably has told his receptionist to do. I have had to change doctors because of this exact reason. I now go to a doctor that has her appointments booked for every half hour and she spends a good 20 minutes with each person. She isn't one of those doctors that rush people in and out all day long. She shows she cares and spends some time with each one. I have never waited more than 10 minutes after my appointment time with her.
Now that is what I want. I will be changing offices after the surgary. This day it was her fault though. All she had to do was make one appt. She turned her back to the me and that was rude.
@chrislotz (8203)
Yes that was rude of her. To be a receptionist you need to have a good personality and not get upset too easily, if your going to be any good.
@SHAMRACK (8525)
Hi, Sometimes I too get frustrated too that even though the justice in our part the other side may tickle just to prompt necessary I hope a big patience is needed more and also hope it depends more of the mental condition we posses at that time. I had yelled and shouted but never hit any except my friend that too during my school days and college days.
@subha12 (18453)
it was the scenario in a hospital recently. i was sitting at the reception for the visiting hours. There was a patient's party. their patient was admitted in ICU after an accident. they were eager to meet the doctor treating him. someone from them was going to reception to ask for permission. But they were reluctant. the person was so angry was about to beat the person in reception.
@RobinJ (2501)
It would appear that you are between a rock and a hard spot.Because you need these people you are forced to bite your tongue, and fight back the anger.It is not fair because your time is as valuable as theirs, and you are the one that is paying the bills, even if it is covered by insurance or others, you are the patient,and there for revenue for them.I do not know where their attitude comes from but they most definitely need an attitude adjustment. And after all is said and done I would go and give them a piece of my mind weather I can afford it or not,You are an adult human being, and they are treating you like they are doing you a huge favor, well they are not, they are running a business the same as a tire shop, but a lot more expensive.