R.I.P little fishy

@nixxi76 (3192)
I would like to start off by saying that I've been having a rough morning with my animals and it's only 630am now. Everything is calmer now which is nice but it started with my dog. He woke me up at 4:30am. Then I got up to find that my cat killed my fish. The fish's water tank was tipped on the floor and no fish in sight! I've moved it higher before so my cat wouldn't go after it, but I guess it wasn't high enough. I had a nice mess to clean up. Anyhow just wanted to vent about this....
Oh my you DID have a bad morning. I am sorry about your fish. That is a cat for you. One of our cats got into a kitchen cabinet where the china was and then went through the connecting part to the glasses were. Believe me this cat was not that agile and is overweight. There was no space for her in either cabinet. My roommate kept leaving the dish cabinet door open. I heard a strange noise coming from the kitchen and when I looked to see where it was from I saw nothing. I stood there puzzled when I heard another tiny noise. I am thinking "mouse". I opened the door to the glass cabinet and there she was right in front. I quickly closed the door. I was in shock. I ran to get my roommate and neither of us could beleive it. Totally unlike this cat. Nothing broken but no room for her. Very strange. I opened the door and said this is the noise maker. Her jaw dropped. It was difficult to get her out without breaking all the glasses.
@nixxi76 (3192)
OMG! Talk about being in the wrong place at the wrong time! WOW I can't imagine how your cat got into that mess lol. Sorry don't mean to laugh but everytime I hear a story about someone's cat/kitten, I have to laugh it's so cute! I'm feeling much better now about the whole fish incident. It's only a fish, it could've been worse (knock on wood) but the whole day isn't done yet yikes! thanks for your concern and making me feel better :)
I am glad you got a laugh out of it. I got myself laughing too. At the time it was what I call a "doubled over silent laughter, can't breath, tears streaming down your face" laughter. Those are the best kind. I have never posted here, I only respond and only once in a while. I seem to be on a roll. Do you think I should make a new post of this story? Thanks.
@gemini_rose (16194)
Animals are worse than kids for getting you up early, which is why I have no animals now, just kids instead. Sorry to hear about your fish, thats really sad, cats are bad for that. They always try their luck with my mums fishpond but now the fish in it are actually bigger than the cats they dont seem to bother as much!
@nixxi76 (3192)
Good morning Gemini rose, Thanks for your response. It was funny to read about your mom's fishpond. Those cats will get a taste of their own medicine if they mess with those ones lol.
@gemini_rose (16194)
2 of the fish in the fishpond are what I bought my son on his 6th birthday, he is 16 now, they are still going strong and you would not believe that they were once in a goldfish bowl, they are huge. I have never seen goldfish that big.