Referrals

How do you find to be the best way to get referrals? I have recenty posted a link in a few of my blogs and I have also sent the link to many friends online. I only have five referrals signed up. How do you find the best way to get referrals? And do you have any tips so that I can get more?
I have to say try word of mouth and your family. My sister is one of my referrals and very active at that. She works at a school and now the boss has stopped in to see my lot. She will be joining. Another security guard is there sitting down and she is very interested. Her computer is broken. She said the other day. You did not tell me money was involved. My sister just laughed. She said I am not there for the money. I think that is a great start. I am selling bags and have plans to make flyers to send to my customers. It will say" Want to get to know me Better" and I will go from there.
How does selling bags go for you? I love making cute little purses and was considering sellig them but I am not sure how well it will go for me. I am glad your sister posts. Now, if only I could find someone who posts as regularly :p
I love to sew and I make really creative looking pillows and cushions. I should put my link in craig's list. tho people here do not use it very often, but hey it's worth a try! Crafting is my passion as well, but I am so scared of my own little business being a failure I am a little slow at starting it up. thanks for the info!
I actually can go to a flea market! There is one every Sunday night at the local mall which is only a ten minute walk from my house. I had kinda forgotten that was an option because up until recently I worked almost every Sunday or Sunday night until midnight. I should try selling a few things locally or at least on ebay to get a general feel for how well my product will sell. Thanks for the advice!
@Samanthavv (1395)
Honestly, getting referrals is kind of hard. Most people just don't want to put the effort into it. It's not JUST about the money, because if it was just about the money, I'd go get a job as a receptionist or something, you know? It'd sure pay a lot more for my time. But it's not about the money, so I don't. I like using forums. Especially forums with such a wide variety of subjects to choose from. It's nice, and pretty refreshing to hear what the rest of the world is up to. I used forums pretty regularly before I found mylot. And then I discovered I could get paid for something I already do. It works out well, and even though I don't make a ton, that's okay. It's just kind of nice that I get SOMETHING for doing something I would have done either way.
I agree, the majority of the referrals I tried to get where from people I knew on other forums. I explained the concept to them, a forum with a wide variety of topics where you could find any subject you want, and the added bonus of being paid for using the forum and people still were not interested. I also love the fact it is a forum, I would probably spend alot of my free time posting on a forum anyway, the bonus with this one is that you get paid. I really don't understand why none, well ok one, of my referrals post. That join and tell me they will post and yet they don't even bother.
@dandan07 (1908)
Till now I still have no referrals. One of my friends has about ten referrals, but now none of the ten still in mylot, so my friend still can not get a lot from her downline. I think if you can have an active referral , you can get more then ten inactive. But how to get it is a very hard problem.