Have You Planted Your Vegetable Gardens Yet?

@mehale (2200)
We have been getting our garden ready for planting this past week and are now starting to plant. For the most part, right now at least, it will just be root veggies like carrots and potatoes, greens, squash, and a few other veggies. It is still a little bit too cold for tomatoes yet. I usually try to plant enough onions, peppers, and tomatoes so that I can make and can my own salsa as well as have enough to use fresh. Have you planted your garden yet? What are you planting?
@pergammano (7756)
You must be in a wonderful climate with a long growing season! Here on the West Coast of British Columbia (southern) our weather has been good enough to plant anything from the brassica family, lettuce varieties, mesclun mixes, peas & beans....but not root veggies for another month at least. Radishes go in, in every row, they are the first to come up, serve 2 purposes. First 2 come up, so mark the row, 2nd, when you pull them, to thin them, they aerate the soil! Tomatoes, tomatillos,pepinos, cucumbers,squashes, peppers are in the green house, ready to be pricked in a coupla days. Happy gardening.
@mehale (2200)
We live in eastern Texas and have had about all the real cold weather for this year. It has been being in the 60's and even occasionally the 70's lately. We are getting A LOT of rain though, and that makes it kind of hard to plant!!
First of all let me say......Just LOVE the picture of your horse. We do have a lot of rain here, on what we loving?? call the Wet Coast...and it can create havoc (as you know) for root veggies. This morning, once again, we have frost. But manageable with row covers. The days are still in the 11 degree Celcius range, which would be about 52 Fahrenheit for you. So we are still not balmy. Are you subject to any "darling" wildlife that plays havoc with your gardening? I have 12' fences and the deer scale them. Thru up my hands one year, container gardened on my deck (which is about 12' off ground) Got up one morning to a lot of noise...a big 3 point buck was just finishing off everything. These deer are so tame, they are not detered even by dogs. Happy growing, all your wonderful healthy foods!
@coolseeds (3925)
I used to start veggies indoors but now I have so many perennials in the basement I don't have the room. So I decided to buy the plants because I don't have a lot of room for veggies to begin with. I will be incorporating veggies in my flower design. I am going to try corn as a back drop. Lettuce is going to be small hedge and some tomatoes will be dotted in for a surprise here and there. I might use some carrots too. They kind of look like yarrow anyway.