rock candy

any one here have recipe for rock candy?
@mtdewgurl74 (18118)
Hey Jess, Your dad has this recipe he makes this kind of candy for christmas and other holidays or he used to. There is also a recipe for rock candy to be made in the microwave. I have both recipes somewhere. I will find them and write them here if you don't already have the recipes by then. Responding from email.
I would love the microwave recipe. I make peanut brittle in the microwave so this would be interesting also.
@mtdewgurl74 (18118)
Sorry took so long to get this back to you but just found it the other day and was going to make it for Easter. Here it is: Microwave Hard Candy Ingredients: 1 cup of granulated sugar 1/2 cup of Light corn syrup powdered sugar(optional) Food coloring 1/2 dram(1/2 teaspoon)LorAnn Gourmet Flavoring Oil(or as desired) What to do: Thoroughly mix sugar and corn syrup in a 4 cup microwavable-safe glass measure. Cover with plastic wrap. Microwave on high for 3 minutes and 10 seconds.* Remove from microwave and carefully remove plastic wrap. quickly stir he sugar mixture and then cover with a new piece of plastic wrap. Microwave on high for 3 and 10 seconds more. Remove from microwave,carefully remove plastic wrap and stir. Use caution to avoid rising steam. Stir in food coloring and hten flavoring. Pour syrup quickly, but carefully into lightly oiled lollipop molds or onto greased cookie sheets(score at once to mark squares; break into pieces when cooled). Let candy cool until hardened. When completely cooled dust with powedered sugar to keep candy from sticking together. Store in a airtight container. Cooking times are based on using a standard,600-700 watt household microwave. You may need to adjust cooking time according to your microwave. Cookiing to long will burn the syrup. If burned the syrup will have a deep golden brown color. Whew there it is all typed..I hope you can make this soon and tell us how it goes I have made mine in microwave 2 times before and it turned out okay. For more information and more recipes check this site out. www.lorannoils.com for tips,flavors and recipes and more. Sorry didn't get this to you before Easter.