how do you put milk in your cereal?

@ruthinian (2311)
This may not be so trivial. I love cereals and it's my regular breakfast. I like it with fruits, milk or soymilk, and sometime I snack on it too. I was just curious about how people eat their cereals. I gave me an idea when my two nieces sat down and ate their cereals with me. The 10 years one put her cereals first in the bowl then pour the milk on it. Just like what I do. But my 8 year old niece cried when I prepared hers because she wanted the milk first. I was surprised and asked what's the difference. She said... it taste better that way. So how do you eat your cereals? milk first or later? do you like the milk cold or warm? do you use only milk? (I love my cereals with soymilk and yogurt drink too)
@brimia (6584)
I've actually done it both ways. I usually eat my cereal with raisins or banana and soy milk.
I put cereal in first and then the milk. I use cold 2% milk and then I let it sit for a few so that the milk gets absorbed into all the cereal! Maybe that's weird?
That is a cute story about your niece wanting the milk first. I put my cereal first, but only pour the milk just as I am ready to eat, as I do not care for soggy cereal. I just bought some Cheerios yesterday and really likek them. What cereal is your nieces favorites?
@preve1984 (610)
When I eat cereals first towards the warm milk in the bowl then cereals
@aconites (769)
i put the milk first then i fill it with the cereal.. but i remeber when i was small i used to sweeten the milk :D i used to put suger in the milk and stear it then i put the corn flex cereal..it's my favorite brand .. till now i eat it .. and i still add suger but not on the milk ..on the cereal ..i hope you don't think i'm wired lol ;)
@whittby (3073)
We all sure have our ways of doing things don't we? I put the cereal in first and just enough milk to taste good. I also don't like soggy cereal. I'd rather scoop the milk out with each bite and add milk later if I have to. I don't know how you could put the milk in first. Maybe if you were eating about half a cup of cereal at a time, otherwise wouldn't the cereal be floating too high on top?
@manya_pearl (1905)
I put milk first, and milk should warm one. Yes, i put only milk. I dont want to put other things in my cereals, it taste weird.
@Ldyjarhead (10157)
Isn't it funny how one can be so quirky? I would never put the milk in first either. I would think then the cereal would be sitting in a puddle of milk, and the top wouldn't get any milk at all. I don't like a lot of milk and soggy cereal, so I'll put cereal first, then add a little milk. If need be, I'll add a bit more milk to finish it off.