When did you have your MENARCHE (first mentrual period)?

Guam
My mom had it hen she was 9. I got mine when I was 11. I know some people who got it when she was 12, and the latest 15. Its also known that the earlier your menarche, the earlier you undergo menopause, and vice versa when you get it in a later time. So, when did you have your menarche?
@RobinJ (2501)
Sorry but i do not think you are all that right I was 9, and started menopause when I was 40, my daughter started when she was 15 and is now 38 and is going through pre menopause symptoms. so if your theory is right it was 31 years of possible childbearing, my daughter shouldn't start until she is at least 46. my mother started when she was 14 and went through menopause when she was 59. so you see it isn't a rule
• Guam
well most of the cases are like that, but will still depend on the lifestyle and hormonal changes the body is going through... after all, change is inevitable, in a few years time, these so called facts in textbooks will soon be replaced by new findings.. I made a research about the reproductive system 3 years ago... hehehehe...
I still remember exactly where I was!! I was in math class, in 6th grade. I thought I was dying. I was in SO much pain and this blood was coming out... it was craziness! 6th grade must have been about 11-12..
• Guam
I got mine during our volleyball championship game, hahahahha... when I got home I was so weak and pale... when I went to the bathroom... waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah... MOM!!!!!!!!!! heheheheh
@kellys3ps (3726)
I was also eleven years old when I got mine the first time. My mother was thirteen when she got hers. I have heard that early menstruation is linked to early menopause.
• Guam
yes it is and vice versa to those who have late menstruation...
@sid556 (31005)
I was nearly 12. I have a daughter who started when she was 9 which around here is very unusual. My other 3 girls were about 11.
• Guam
I have a niece who's 9 year old and has no idea about what menstrual period is. ( years old isn't unusual according to medical books... it is an early-normal age in having menstrual period.
@madlees (1381)
It is not like that Chicha, I had it for the first time when I was nearing 14 and it is there for me even now. It has not stopped till now. But doctors say if there is no other problem and everything is normal, it is a very healthy sign I believe. They would not let me do anything... So your contention is wrong somewhere... My sister started when she was sixteen and she stopped getting it when she was 47...
• Guam
hehehe, it really depends. In general, and in books this was what doctors and researchers have noticed. of course some cases may be different, as I said on my reply for the comment before this one, change is inevitable and menopause depends on the hormonal activity of a woman, plus new findings come up year after year, in a very slow progression. The content of my statement was put in general, and not by case to case. Thanks for commenting...
@madlees (1381)
hehehehe... no complaints.. Exceptions are there for every rule as elders say. I am proving the rules wrong. that's all
• Guam
no prob, heheheheh... thank you so much... well researchers must get back to work and update on those stats huh?
@skbh12 (2950)
i had mine when i was 10 years old. funny thing here was when i saw my undie had a red stain, i was calling my nanny whispering as if i had done something bad. told her that there was a red stain on my underwear and she just answered me,"thank you Lord! she's now a lady.." she excitedly reported what just happened to my mom and came back with a sanitary napkin/pads on her hand teaching me how to use it.. haha..
• Guam
that's so cute... hehehehehe... uuuuyyyy... dalaga na siya!
@skbh12 (2950)
haha!!! ngayon?? dalaga pa kaya??? whahahahaha!!!
• Guam
DALANA... hhehehehehe