Laughed out Loud in public!

@Modestah (11192)
This one really had me laughing out loud. AT the E.R. the other day they have a large monitor screen on the wall that tells things like triage order and how many are waiting in each category and the longest duration someone has waited currently in that category etc. on the bottom of the screen they had a ticker going with health trivia questions - my daughter was reading them and turns to me and asks.... Mom, what is the one thing that you lose up to half of by the time you are 60.... I took a wild guess and said brain cells or hair follicles.... she said, nope! its your taste buds.... then she got real serious and said in all astonishement - maybe THAT is why YOU like canned peas now! I cracked up so loud in the middle of the E.R., several others got a chuckle out of it too... when I got my composure I said I reckon we will just have to wait until you are an OLD lady and see if you like them then yourself.
oh my what kids will say but you know I really hate the taste of canned peas for the most part unless once in a while I find a can of Green Giant peas. but fresh or frozen peas to me taste so much better. guess I did not lose enough taste buds as I am now eighty one and still hate the taste of canned peas.hehehe
@Modestah (11192)
haha! maybe you started out with an over abudance of them! personally I really like garden fresh peas - shelled right into the hand. mmmm. come harvest time my mother never had quite the amount of peas to put up with dad and I snacking away on them.
@jillhill (37384)
That is wonderful that you had a laugh together and gave others the chance to share it with you! LOL...
@Ldyjarhead (10157)
I'll bet that WAS funny. Thanks for sharing. I find I like a lot of foods now that I didn't when I was younger too. Seems odd, doesn't it? (I still don't care for peas, though, and won't eat asparagus either).