SHOULD NEWSPAPERS BE ABLE TO DRAG YOUR NAME THROUGH THE MUD???

I was at work one day...working...and I get a call from my mother stating that she read in the newspaper that there was an article that stated,"Woman ID'd by fingerprints on make-shift meth lab materials"...then it had MY name and age...and stated that I had been charged with possesion of CDS, and that an arrest warrant had been issued. First of all...I am a nurse and a single mother of 3 kids..and have NEVER had anything to with ANYTHING like this. How can they do this to my name without convicting me first???? Why wouldn't the investigative officer come TALK to me FIRST?! Regardless...I self-surrendered (less drama)and I'm now out $1000 bucks and have MAJOR attorney's fees. I WILL clear my name through a drug test and polygraph test....but it is SOOOO humiliating for my whole town, including my friends, my parents friends, the parents of my children, and my church to have to read something like this about me.
No responses