A Friend With Parkinson's Disease

I have a friend whose husband is in the final stages of Parkinson's disease. I feel so sorry for her. It is so hard on her to watch this happen to someone she loves and not be able to do anything about it. Parkinson's disease is a very progressive movement disorder that causes: Muscle rigidity Tremor at rest Slowing down of movements Difficulty moving and gait instabilitySymptoms of Parkinson's disease begin mildly and progressively worsen over time. Parkinson's disease Symptoms include: "Pill-rolling" tremor in the hands Tremors are present at rest, improve with movement, and are absent during sleep. Stiffness and rigidity of muscles, usually beginning on one side of the body Difficulty and shuffling when walking Short steps Slowness of purposeful movements Trouble performing usual tasks, due to shaking in hands Trouble speaking Flat, monotonous voice Stuttering Shaky, spidery handwriting Poor balance Difficulty with rising from a sitting position “Freezing” Anxiety Seborrhea (abnormally increased secretion and discharge of sebum producing an oily appearance of the skin and the formation of greasy scales) Loss of smell Tendency to fall Stooped posture Increasingly mask-like face, with little variation in expression Trouble chewing and swallowing Depression Dementia Difficulty thinking, problems with memory I know there is nothing I can do to help him or her and that is very difficult. Life just is not fair sometimes. Do you know someone with Parkinson's Disease?
@stephcjh (32385)
I'm sorry to hear that. My aunt has Parkinson's but I haven't seen her in a long time to know how she is dealing with it. She is the only one in the family who has ever had it so I am not sure how it will effect her.
It is so sad to see how a once active person is reduced to sitting or laying around.
@stephcjh (32385)
Yes. that is awful. My aunt must have a mild case of it or has it under control because she is still active in her life. I hope they can find a cure for it.