Breast cancer survivor sues health insurance company and wins.

This woman sued her health insurance company, Health Net for 9 million dollars and won. Seems even though she was paying her insurance every month, they decided to cut off her insurance when she started to receive chemotherapy for breast cancer. She sued and they claimed that she did not state weight issues when she signed up. Her attorneys found out that Health Net was paying bonuses to employees that could find any reason to cancel policies of people that were costing them too much money. The judge stuck it to them, and now there are thousands of more cases being reviewed of policies they cancelled. I personally think this is great. If you are paying for health insurance these companies should not be able to tell you what you can and can not have done. Unless it is elective and cosmetic, otherwise they should not be able to do this kind of crap.
I completely agree the medical business is sooooo greety. They are only looking at ways to make money instead of making sure people live. I say that it shouldnt have happened in the first place but I am glad that she sued. Its about time people start stepping up to the insurance agencies. I hope that she is well and that she will never have to go through anything like this again.
Well I think financially she will be set, and if she needs medical care now she can afford to pay for it herself.
That is very true. Although that would not be the ideal situation. The money you won will now go to your new medical bills.
@Taskr36 (13925)
Health insurance companies are disgusting. They suck you dry by taking money from every paycheck, and then try to cancel you after trying to get the coverage you've been paying for the past few years. The fact that they'd do this to someone with cancer is even worse. It's yet another reason why Hillary Clinton forcing us to pay for health insurance is a terrible idea. Then they'd be able to do whatever they want since we'd have no choice but to keep lining their pockets.
I agree with Hillary and Barack that this companies needs to offer health insurance to every citizen, but I do not agree with Hillaries plan to garnish the wages of americans to pay for it. there has to be a happy medium here, where everyone gets coverage without continuing to make these health insurance companies richer. Just dont know what it is yet.
@elemental69 (1562)
I say good for her!!! The health insurance companies have to learn that they cannot pick and choose who to cancel because they are putting in a legit claim. I dont think that insurance companies want to pay out. All they want is your money, they are not interested in your health....
That is pretty much what the judge said, that they were more concerned with their profit margin than the clients well being.