I can't believe THIS set me Off

Rarely do I lose my temper. I can get angry, but I usually handle it quite well. The past couple days have been hard. I had the horrible migraine, and my sister did some things to set a plan in motion to kind of, well to kind of ruin my upcoming birthday. While my parents agreed with me, they rightly didn't take sides, even though she called to chew them out. So today I was really upset but so glad I wasn't doing too bad. I was so thrilled my migraine was gone (thanks for the prayers, they worked), that really anything didn't seem that big to me. UNTIL I got home today. I live in an apartment complex and was walking my dog, when a lady from the office walked out and accused me of letting my dog poop without me cleaning it up. I told her my dog had simply peed. She said they had gotten complaints that I didn't pick up after my dog. And that my friends, set me off. Not right away. I took my dog to get his nails trimmed, then returned. I had stewed on it and was so angry I was almost in tears. I went into the office and thankfully didn't even raise my voice, to tell the manager I had put up with the drugs all over the place in this complex, I had put up with the break ins, but getting on to me for something like this was too much. This lady was not the lady who accused me, and she apologized to me. She said others had been ticketed for it, so they felt like they needed to turn in everyone else, even those who had nothing to do with it. See we were warned not to throw cigarette butts on the ground, or leave dog poo. I actually called and thanked the office they day they leave the fliers on our doorknobs! It is so ridiculous for me to be upset about it! I am glad I didn't do or say anything I will regret, but the force of my anger shocks me. I'm hoping it had something to do with being sick or just a lot of pressure, because I'm appalled at myself. So this discussion DOES have a point. Is there something you got angry about that really strikes you as something trivial to get mad about? Like of all things, you chose to get mad at THAT?
It sounds like everything was just getting to you and obviously the way this woman spoke to you tipped you over the edge. Obviously as well cos she was accusing you of something that no doubt pees you off yourself that you don't partake in. If you are still feeling mad and really want to vent then you should right a firm but polite letter to the office and state that you are unhappy with the way that you were spoken to by a member of their staff and to make them aware of the way that some of their members of staff are conducting themselves. Migraines are terrible things. I suffer from them too but have recently changed my diet and am only eating very simple foods and have noticed a drastic improvement so it must be something that is brought on my one of the additives in food or whatever. So hard though to find out which one. Sisters can be a pain, I have a sister too that is three years older than me and so often I feel like she is out to ruin me and I am the only one to see it. JUst remember this though - KARMA. Something is gonna come back to get her when she is least expecting it and kick her right in the @ss. I hope that you are feeling a bit better now.
Thank you, Claire. You know I saw your user name right before you answered this, and I was thinking what a good novel title your name would make. : ) I think you have the right idea on changing the diet for migraines. I have made big changes, including getting soy milk, thinking this will help. And I think it does help. But ones I get from fibromyalgia start out in my face, and I haven't quite figured them out yet. I think icing my entire face would work if it weren't so painful, lol.
Well the truth be told I am on the atkins diet so that means that I am still eating cheese - the number one thing they blame on migraines. I am not drinking milk though. I am not eating bread or pasta or anything processed. I basically just eat meat all the time. I used to get terrible migraines though to the point where I was losing my vision and throwing up. I am glad you like my name.
When it comes to cheese I admit it, if I eat it, it is going to be real cheese. No fake, no fat free. I'll cut out things in other ways. : )
@CatsandDogs (13964)
You probably were caught off guard and the accusations is what set you off. You've been under a lot of stress lately and having those terrible migrain headaches doesn't help in the least so I wouldn't beat myself up over it. You handled it very well.
I admit the migraines seem to be a big factor. I have one right now, but luckily it is one I can function fairly well with. Feel free to laugh, but I couldn't think of anything else to 'hold' my head together (it feels like it splitting open), so I took off a detachable bra strap, tightened it really tightly, and then put it over and around my head to keep pressure around it. LOL
@CatsandDogs (13964)
Oh my gosh! LOL You must be a sight to see! Oh sweetie, isn't there anything you can take for it? Those darn things are so painful, I know, I have them every now and then, not often. Have you seen a doctor to get some pain relievers for migrains? I do but it knocks me out but it sure beats feeling the pain.
Oh yeah, I've been seeing doctors and neurologists for my migraines since I was a teen. And they used to give me things that most of the time worked. However since I am on SSI now, they won't pay for my former migraine medicine. What they do give me sometimes works, but I usually have to take about 3, and I can only take 2 a day. I'm just glad I didn't have to go to the ER. Sometimes the medicine simply never works and I go in. Most of the time the ER people understand, but every now and then I get someone who thinks migraines can't be THAT bad.
@jillhill (37383)
Yes....this morning I was mad like that...then cooled down before I said anything....I had told my boss something in confidence about one of my co workers and she told everyone else...now my co worker wouldn't be the kind to get upset even if he knew everyone knew.....but for some reason I was mad for him! And I told him what had happened he wasn't even upset..I was the one that got upset! Maybe I need something else to dwell on! LOL
It would bother me though that my boss couldn't keep a secret. I had a boss who couldn't keep a secret and I found out that hard way, lol!
@jillhill (37383)
This will be the last time I share with her! I was very upset!
You were upset and rightly so. No one deserves to be treated the way you were, especially when you did nothing wrong. I'd have told them to get a DNA test of the poop done, so that they would be the once who would have to fall of their pedastal!
LOL, my mom suggested the DNA thing too! Great minds think alike.
@KarenO52 (2951)
I don't think that's so trivial, to get accused of not cleaning up after your dog. I would have been really mad if someone accused me of something like that. You were already feeling bad because of the migraine and your sister's messing up your birthday, so it's no wonder you were so angry. I hope you have a very happy birthday in spite of your sister, and I hope it's migraine free.
Thank you, Karen. I hope that positive thoughts, and a postive attitude make that happen. : )
Well, that would have made me very angry too---especially if i knew i was innocent. I know that when things seem to be going wrong, ill hold in everything until i get to a breaking point and then ill usually blow up over something SMALL and then feel stupid for it later. Im glad you went and stood your ground though, Amber! I really hope you get to feeling better too. ((hugs))
Thanks, Amber. I think I could learn a lesson in patience from you. You haven't hurt one single member of your family even though many have done a lot of damage to you.
@dodoguy (1297)
Hi AmbiePam, To be fair, you're no different to anyone else - everyone has multiple layers inside that go together to make up the whole, and most of it isn't normally visible to anyone, not even our conscious selves. The way we behave, react, think, and respond to other people, and the things that motivate, satisfy or displease us, are all the visible output of all those internal workings that no-one can see. So if you've had a bunch of things building up pressure inside, for whatever reasons, you might not even be aware of it until something triggers a release of emotions that you weren't expecting or that might not seem in proportion to the precipitating event. I know I've been through the same experience many times, and so has just about everyone else. I think you did commendably well by responding to the circumstances that irritated you in a measured and reasonable manner, without giving in to the emotional impulse to just explode. There are always two sides to every story, and with the possible delayed response to something else that was the real cause of your anger, and ditto whatever motivated the other party, there might even be four sides to the same situation! Unless in an urgent or otherwise acute situation, taking a calm and reasoned approach to any problem is surely better than one dictated by emotions, especially where aggression might be involved. I think you've done well - now go kick your sister in the butt!
You're answer is so good I must go request you as a friend! : )
@jennybianca (12914)
I can understand co9mpletely how you feel & why you reacted like you did. Obviously your sisters nastiness was the beginning, & then to finally be accussed of leaving dog poo around, is a biot too much. Much the same happens to me when I have to talk about my step children with my husband. There have been so many bad things happening & so many unfair statements made to me by my husband regarding his children, that sometimes now, when some minor matter re. them comes up, I just "hot the block.". Of course, my hubby is even worse. Continours stress, depression & abuse can have this affect, & I know I end up acting unreasonabl;y at times.
I have always had a quick temper so it doesn't take much to make me angry. I have gotten better as I've gotten older though. The latest thing that made me mad was my sister (she's 3 years younger than I) talking about me to my oldest son. Long story short, she was mad at me because I didn't do what she wanted me to. I don't really care if she talks about me behind my back, but it was inexcusable for her to talk about me to my son. I'm still ticked about it. Of course, she has yet to say anything to my face.
Oh boy, that is a big no no she committed! That would make me angry too.
I don't think the things I get angry about are small, usually...I don't think this issue you felt angry about is small, either. I would have been angry. However, what I have been trying to do is remain calm because if you get angry you give that person control over your thoughts and your life...your time. I would have simply said that anyone who indicates that I do not clean up after my dog is incorrect. If they think they are correct, I ask that they call me on when they actually THINK they see it happening.
I was happy I kept my tone level. I knew they wouldn't tell me who reported me, and honestly I don't think I could have even known them. But I encouraged the woman in charge to try to get some proof because it was upsetting to be accused of something I didn't do. Especially since they have started fining people. I don't have the money to pay for someone's mistake in judgment. And hey, are you feeling 100% now?
@lucy02 (5017)
Well having a migrane would be enough in itself to get me in a bad mood. I don't like being accused to things that I didn't do either. If she had told you the whole story it might not have been so bad but the way she phrased it sounded like the neighbors were just ganging up on you. I use to get mad a lot over small things. i have a tendency to take things the wrong way. I am better now.
LOL come over to my country. We don't mind if the dog poos or the dog pees as long as he does not poo or pee on anybody's head. Jokes apart, yep I do get mad. Other people think the things I get mad at are trivial; I don't. Last time I got really mad was at a Reliance guy. Reliance is the most disgusting internet providers I ever knew. I wanted to disconnect my dial-up, and the guy made me carry my phone to his office twice! When I went there the third time with my phone and he said: "please come tomorrow" I got real raving mad and howled at the top of my voice. I shocked the entire office. LOL. Needless to say, I got service immediately. Cheers.
@gabs8513 (48715)
That is just awful I mean unless they have proof it was you this should not happen I know that would make me very angry to
@sedel1027 (17854)
If that had happened to me I would have been really ticked off. Some managers do not use their head. Around here people are suppose to pick up after their dogs and don't. Lord forbid you tell them something or try to report them (I really don't think the office does a darn thing).