Colorful stars

Mylot shows a colorful star next to some peoples names and I was wondering how do I get my star to change different colors. Because I'm not sure if it is a rating, favorite, or account setting thing? Or does it change the more you talk because if it does that would make since because I only see a hand full of people with stars that aren't thee same color as mine.
Try this. See peoples stars, hover over them and you will see a rating like 81/100 basically this is how many + you have got against how many - on a percentage basis. It means nothing to your earnings but sometimes it can be nice to know what people are thinking about what you write. Don't stress too much though about it cos some people will always vote in an inappropriate way. If you want to get your star up stay away from discussion that break the terms of service and stay away anything that can make people angry enough to -ve you for having an opinion.
oh ok I'll be sure to look for those kind of people.
@Ldyjarhead (10161)
The color corresponds with the rating number inside. When your rating goes up or down, you'll see your star change colors. I was a pretty blue 10 yesterday. :(
How do people give you ratings on here? I mean is it like other websites with rating points or how do you do it. I don't get it and blue is better then red?
@Ldyjarhead (10161)
If you look to the right of the various responses, you should be able to rate it with a plus sign (+) or minus symbol(-). That is how the number/colors change on your star. 10 (blue) is the highest.
cool, I hope I get a 10 rating one day.
@NeoComp (1321)
Yeah the star is a sign that you have lots of power. the higher the star.. the more power you hold within your soul.
What about the the soulless ones what holds there star power?
@luvstochat (6916)
The stars are your user rating there are three buttons by all of your posts a + - and ! to rate you postive negative and turn you in for abuse. The more positives you get the higher your star will be the more negatives the lower your star will be. The stas will be colored The highest 10 star is blue I don't know what a 1 star looks like.
so there are 10 colors?