Do you read celebrity tell all books?

I can not bring myself to read a celebrity tell all book. I don't feel like I have the right to know what goes on in there personal life sense I don't know them personally. Sometimes a celebrity book tells not only about themselves but will name names of others in their lives as well. Naming names just reinforces to me I will not be reading their book. Now I could probably read a celebrity book if it is written with a purpose to help someone else. Example would be Brook Shields book the Down came the Rain! Do you read celebrity tell all books? Do you feel like it is a guilty pleasure or do you even think of it the way I do? Do you think I am ridiculous for feeling the way I do?
@Modestah (11192)
you know I really have no interest in that type of reading. Their private lives are what to me? unless they lived an extraordinary life and did some heroic deeds as a result of their grace filled days I will pass on their biography, autobiography, and gossip tales.
I totally agree with you on this one.
@Modestah (11192)
wow, coffee - thank you so much for the rating! I really do appreciate it. mwah!
@katcarneo (1429)
Those types of book don't interest me. The only life story I read are those of people who have achieved something really great, or somebody I admire, or somebody who did something heroic. But one time, I did read a celebrity book while I was waiting for someone in a bookstore. I happened to grab a copy Paris Hilton: Confessions of an Heiress (it was awfully pink and striking) and absolutely had no substance at all. It was only full of pictures and stupid things like Paris thinks the hottest guys are blah blah blah, and Paris thinks blah blah blah.
Yes I just can't imagine that Paris wrote anything to deep !
@megumiart (3781)
I think celebrity tell all books are good for clearing misconceptions about celebs, but I personally don't read them.
Good point but I still probably won't read them.
@jhl930 (3605)
I do not usually read their books if they put them out because I really am not that interested in what other people do in their personal life...but I do read those magazines like people and all of that(I know that it sounds weird but I do it anyways)I don't think you are ridiculous for feeling that way..their normal people too no different..
When I was a young teen I read a few articles of the People magazine because it was one of my father's favorite magazine's. I actually enjoyed the last few pages of the magazine the best for some reason. Just short little blurbs about business people or entertainers. The odd time I would read a story about a singer or actor I liked. Sense I left home many years ago I have read no celebrity magazine at all. I use to watch entertainment tonight but since they have lowered their standards on the quality of stories they tell I no longer watch it. Don't get me wrong I am totally interested in other peoples lives as I am sure you actually are too but just not in the way those magazines and entertainment shows think we are.
@gemini_rose (16194)
I understand what you mean, and I dont think you are ridiculous at all. I have read one celebrity book, which was an autobiography, and I read that because I admired the person it was who had written it and was really interested in reading about her life. To be honest with you I dont read a lot of these books simply because many of the celebrities who write these book have not earned the right to write these books. In that I mean most of them nowadays write these books in their early 20s and so how can they have possibly lived enough to do this. These sorts of books to me should be written when they have lived a good portion of their lives and have a catalogue of stories to tell on how they have gained their success.
Yes I know what you mean about admiring someone and wanting to read their bio or memoir which ever it is called. I think what I really have the biggest problem with is people who write the book to get more publicity for themselves and to make even more money and will tell their most personal details just for the sake of saying it. There are some people I admire that I would like to read their bio and maybe I will. All I can say is I won't be reading just anyone's bio.
@gtargirl (5385)
I totally agree with you CoffeeA. Furthermore, a celebrity tell all book doesn't really interest me. It's still gossip to me and I wonder how much of it is really true. I'd like to read Brook Shield's book some time. It's about post partum blues, right? There's probably other celebrities, including athletes, who have something of substance to say. Those I'll read if I could ever find the time.
Yes your right about the Brook Shields book. I have not read it but it is one that I would consider reading.