How often do you change your socks

@pitstop (3714)
I guess its a hygiene / cleanliness / comfort issue. How often do you change your socks and how long does an average pair last before you throw it away?
I have to wear a new pair each day that are clean. And I normally dont throw them out until they get too stretched out or get a hole in them.
@pitstop (3714)
I've got thin legs and sometimes even when they get a little stretched out they sag down!
@sid556 (31030)
I change my socks everyday! who wouldn't? The life of the sock ends when they start getting worn or so discolored that they just look gross. Changing socks is pretty much like changing undies and brushing teeth....everyday hygene! I hope you only asked out of curiosity and not for advice.
@pitstop (3714)
Yup - its curiosity only!
@Justme2007 (1848)
Everyday but I knew this guy who didn't change his socks for days and they had his feet stanky I hated for him to visit my house
@megumiart (3783)
I wear a pair of socks for a day, then I'll wash them until they're completely wornout, or they have holes in them.
@k1tten (2321)
Well, of course I always change my socks everyday. But when I need to get brand new ones I usually wait till there are holes in uncomfortable places.
certainly every day! but man i hold onto them for a long time. i do end up losing socks a lot though...not sure how. i decided that the next time i move, i'm just going to get rid of all my socks, and then buy like a thousand pairs of the exact same type of socks. that way if i lose a couple, i won't have to worry about matching and things like that. i'll just have an infinite source of matching socks.
@pitstop (3714)
Thats a terrific idea! I have a few singles socks and your idea will work for me!
I change my socks every day. It just seems weird to me not to do so. I always keep my socks until they have a bunch of holes in them and it's just not logical to keep them anymore. Speaking of which I need to throw a few socks out now.
@pitstop (3714)
I change them also when a pair gets separated - I have this weird of single socks and I dunno where the other one is!!
@SukiSmiles (2000)
Ohhh, I must wear a clean pair of socks each day. Now, if I work out and then shower, I'll put on another clean pair. I stop wearing them after they get holes - I then use them as rags around the house, or sock puppets for the kids.
I change my socks everyday. I do not use a pair of socks on two consecutive days. An average pair stays in my drawers for about a year before I get rid of them. I have several pairs of socks so they are really in good condition for a very long time since I don't use a certain pair very often.
@balasri (26577)
I change my my dress daily including my socks.It has become a habit from my college days.A pair of branded socks will last for five to six months for me.
@NeoComp (1321)
I like to change them.. about once a day. If I am going out to eat or going to a party.. I will change them again.
I'm with the majority on this and change my socks daily as well. I also don't normally buy new ones until the old ones are so badly discolored on the bottoms they can't be bleached clean or they start to get holes. My boyfriend however is a picky person and buys himself new socks once a month.
I throw them away as soon as I see holes. I don't know the average lifespan of a pair of socks. They are look pretty much the same lol so I wouldn't know if the pair I threw away is new or old.
@slavezero (835)
I change my socks everyday. I dont use it for two - three days without being washed. The moment I arrive home and remove my socks, then for sure laundry basket is its next destination. Yes for hygiene purposes. Since the sock is always inside the shoes and is more prone with the sweat and bacteria that stays with it the whole day. When I know that my socks are ready to retire and rest... like having a hole in it... then the next thing is I throw it away.
@maddysmommy (16243)
Everyday I change my socks. They usually last a couple of months or more depending on how often I wear that same pair.
I hate wearing socks. I wear a pair when I go out, come home and take them off and put them in the laundry. If I go back out, I put on clean socks. I usually keep my socks till they get a hole in them and then I throw them out. I usually end up losing one of the mates before they get holes in them though