John Carpenter versus Rob Zombie Halloween ?

France
Which one u prefer if preferences u have ? I personally love both coz they was made by my favorites horror movies directors . The only thing I was thinking last time I watched the new one is that I remember Michael Myers to me was more impressive ,I mean colder in the first one . I think its because John Carpenter didn't get into the psychology of the character as Rob Zombie did . Do U agree with this ?
@EdTv00 (298)
The original, in my opinion is a better film.
• France
Why?
@EdTv00 (298)
I like how Carpenter kept Myers past and reason for killing his sister a mystery. The feel of the movie, the overall atmosphere in my opinion is better. I liked The Devils Rejects allot more then zombies remake of Halloween.
• France
House of 1000 corpses was pretty much fun for me too =)
@kymommy72 (588)
I am going to have to go with John Carpenter. I do agree that Rob Zombie dug deeper into Michael Myers, but it was too gory for my taste. Carpenter's version was more suspenseful and had just the right amount of, for lack of a better word, ick lol. Michael Myers in my second fav bad guy of all time, right behind Darth Vader :)
• France
I have much admiration for Carpenter and Rob Zombie works but as I remember John Carpenter's Michaeal Myers impressed me more
@ersmommy1 (12600)
I love the 1st Halloween . I haven't seen the remake as yet. Keep meaning to. Rob Zombie also had a bigger budget than Carpenter.