Do your PETS like MUSIC?

@Loen210 (1533)
My cats don't mind radio music quietly played in the background. I don't think most animals mind, but do any of them love it? I'm even more interested in LIVE MUSIC. Every pet I've had has been so different in personality, likes, dislikes, etc. Archie, a beloved cat loved music with a passion. When I was younger, I used to sing at the top of my lungs (when nobody was home usually), and he would always come running from wherever he was in the house. It was amazing. When I sang loud (I used to have a good voice too), and he would sit up on his back legs, and even touch my face gingerly. It was so sweet! Cindy, another sweetie kitty (who I also wish was still with us), loved music so much! I play the violin, and even whenever someone else or I played, she would also come running over, and roll non stop at our feet, purring. She loved it. My two kitties now, Charlie and Sylvie, can't live music. First, they avoid the music room as much as possible. But if they do come into the room, and I reach or go near my instrument, zoom! They are outta there. Ha ha. Too bad. But it could also be partly that they have extra sensitive ears, as my instrument plays so loudly.
@filmbuff (2909)
First off I'm a musician, which will make the rest of this post make a lot more sense. :) Just about every pet I've had (both cats and dogs) love to hear me play guitar. When I will I start practicing and playing music I've had cats and dogs come to listen. However when I'm just playing the same passage over and over (a la woodshedding) they grow bored and leave because the repetition drives them (and everyone else crazy) crazy, including myself after a while. :) One of the coolest things that ever happened to me was when I was playing guitar one day in upstairs bedroom as a teen. I heard 'extra' stuff going on and realized that a flock of birds had landed on the roof and around the windows. They were mimicing what I was playing on guitar, and even started adding melodies to it. I then started playing in a question and answer style. I would play a short riff. Then they would repeat it back. After a while they caught on and would sing something else back, new and differet and I would respond. It was freaky! It was cool! I don't know how they thought in unison like that, we're talking dozens if not hundreds of birds. It was amazing.
@Loen210 (1533)
Wow wow, Filmbuff! I loved your response. that's so great. I assume you play classical guitar opposed to electric, which might give animals headaches, I would guess. But the story about the birds is awesome!!! I love it. Do you still do that? What a joy for the birds. You should video or audio record that. I'd love to hear it some time too. I'm a musician also- violin. I wish my kitties now would love music more. But I also do play a very vibratna dn loud violin now. Thanks for the great response.
@filmbuff (2909)
The bird experience was the coolest thing ever. It never happened again though sadly. I actually play both classical and electric. BTW it was electric I was playing with the birds that day. Very cool. Thanks for the best response.
@Loen210 (1533)
I just read your re-reply. Thanks! I'm playing in an orchestra concert today. Should go great, but today's an all rehearsal then practice day. Concert's at 8:00 tonight! Hope you;'re smiling. p.s. I wish MyLot notified me when somebody replies back to you again. I didn't know till I just checked.
@gandatwo (603)
Hi loren,I know our pooches have awlays seemed to enjoy quite soothing music,I think most do.Very possibly the vibration of your violin is appealing to their ears?Charlie and sylvie being kittens are still at a guess a little sensitive to sound.I use to play piano many years ago,just for myself,first hubby and the children would make a B.line for the family room well away from our formal lounge arera,and I must now admitt quite a few of the neighbourhood dogs would howl,I do believe this was in protest! We did once own a most beautiful red pursian,he loved to watch the television,only two programs though,the news,and the footie.lol
@Loen210 (1533)
Hiya pal, Thanks for responding. Glad your doggies like the soothing music. My cats are not "kittens." They are my kitties (babies/sisters to me always though). ;o) But I know in general, of course most animals can not stand high pitched instruments. But when I play low, they seem to avoid also. But I have had cats in the past (and my dear dog, never minded) my music. But don't worry, I am not in agony because of that. ;o) I'm glad they don't mind the radio on when it is quiet.
@gabs8513 (48805)
Nope Gissi is not to keen and I think he hates in the car as he can not leave the room lol It is very rare I have music on actually mainly in the Car when I drive but not often in the Flat I prefer quiet lol
@Loen210 (1533)
Oh, I hope you try listening to more music. I listen to all different kinds (Classical, Modern, Soft Rock, Oldies, etc.). It's good for the brain too. :o) Thanks for response.
@aconites (770)
oooh thats so cute ... my parrot dance on music she keeps moving her nick up and dawn ..but not every music it must have a beat for her to dance.. i'v posted a discussion about dancing parrot .. his name is snowball.. now that bird can dance .. and my parrot is nothing next to him .. if you make a search with the name of snowball on mylot you will see him :)
@Loen210 (1533)
Ooh, thanks for the cute response. I am in a rush, before teaching, so don't have time to search now, ut I will have to take a peek at that as soonas I have a chance. That sounds so cute! Give him lots of music! ;o)
Your pets seem to have the music talent:) I am not good at music and so do my two cats. I can only play the CD and listen to it. My cats are very lazy and they prefer to sleep all the time. They just don't complain about it:)
@Loen210 (1533)
Oh, I'm glad you have 2 cats too. :o) Brings happiness. Music is good for the brain. I bet they do listen to the CD's in the background.
s s s ..i am sure animals too love music i have one dog it ll run here and there for one music that i have ...try in youtube u will get more videos dude .
@Loen210 (1533)
Thanks, I hadn't checked YouTube yet (I actually just discovered that site, literally, a couple of months ago). My ister had sent me one. And there is one I know where a cat loves to play the piano. It is so cute and a big wow! :o)
@Annie2 (594)
Ha, ha. Are you sure the cat loved your singing, or did he run to you because he thought you were calling him and pat you because he was trying to tell you he was here and was wondering if you were okay? Tee hee. Just kidding. It is a cute story and yes, I have had cats and a dog who loved my flute and my piano.
@Loen210 (1533)
It was amazing how he fell into the music. I wish I had it on videotape (but I would have been too embarrassed to record me singing at the top of my lungs; I only did it when I was the only 'human' home, for privacy). But you should have seen his expression, and his actions were ones you'd never see him doing anywhere. He was a dear, dear soul. Anyway, glad to hear you have played flute and piano. Glad your cats and dogs loved it. :o) One of my cats in the past, also loved to run on top of the piano. My cats now, stay away from anything that makes musical sounds!