What gift can I give my sister?

gifts - birthday gifts
My younger sister's birthday was yesterday. I was not really able to shop for a gift for her yet because mom and dad scheduled her party on Sunday. So I decided to give her gift on Sunday instead. It's her 13th birthday and about to graduate from grade school this March. She is very simple and really finds joy in the simplest things. Yet, I am really having a hard time thinking about what I could give her. Please give me your suggestions... Thanks!
@cortjo73 (6500)
A purse to go shopping and perhaps slip a 5 dollar bill inside so she can buy something when she goes shopping with her new purse. Or, just buy her a purse and start a tradition that me and my sis and mom have. I think it is related to one of my nationalities but, I can't remember which. When me, my sis or my mom buy each other purses, we put a penny in one of the pockets. It is for good luck and it means that that purse will never be without money.
Well my friend, that was what she got from me last Christmas... Thanks!
@cortjo73 (6500)
Awww! Ok! I'll keep thinking!
i like the penny idea you mentioned. I may start adding one to my customers purses. Thanks for the tip. :)
@sid556 (31005)
How about taking her to lunch and then take her shopping to pick out something for herself? I'll bet the time you spend with her will be the best gift you could possibly give her and will create a memory she'll have forever.
Thank you for sharing your idea. I am sure that she would love that. I think that is what I am going to do..
@nanayangel (7839)
sisters - Sisters Flory and Nida
Hi there! It depends upon how much you are willing to spend for a gift. It can be as expensive as a new mobile phone, an i-pod maybe, an out-of-town trip, or maybe a cute bag, or something for her collection if she collects anything. Happy birthday to your sister!
Hhhmmmm... Well, she just got a new mobile phone from dad... Mom discouraged me to get her an i-pod... I just gave her a bag for Valentine's day.. We are planning to go out of town this weekend though.. but that's mom and dad's gift for her... uh oh! Thanks my dear nanayangel...
Why don't you give the money to her and she will buy what she wants for herself so that you wont waste your money on things that she won't want or will not use.
That would really be a good and practical way of giving gifts...
@jesiear (53)
I don't know wheather there is a cross-stitch shop near by you,you can buy a pillow with lovely picture on it or something eles according to her age. If you have time ,you can do it by yourself,some small one just need one day to complete. At last ,send my best wishes to your sister!
Wow! Yeah! I think she would love to have a new pillow... I don't think I have enough time to work on a cross-stitch project. Thank you my friend!
@aconites (769)
why don't you get her a jewelry box from things remebered .. and you can engrave her name on it.. or you can engrave a nice note to her like happy birthdy .. i'm sure she will love it .. i'v got my sister the same thing..
That is a very good idea! One of the things we enjoy doing together is making accessories. She might want a jewelry box... I will give that a thought... Thank you!
@roniroxas (10576)
there is a shop here in the philippines and it is papelmelrotte (i hope i spelled it right) i like that shop because it sells cool stuffs. but sine she is 13 and my youngest is 12 my daugther still plays with toys so you canalso buy her toys like barbie. hope i did help
Oh yeah! Papemelrotti! I have a collection of stationeries and stickers from that store. I think that would really be a good idea. She loves writing short notes for me and our parents. I will give that some thought... Thanks!
@queenofarms (1665)
Lets see here. What to get a 13 year old.. 1.digal camera 2.gift card then she buy want she needs or would like 3.Clothes always works 4. Jewelery 5.Makeup if she into that, perfume/cologne 6. CDs 7.Favorite movie 8.Photo album to keep her friends and family pics in 9.If she into collecting a certain item, then that 10.Jewery box 11.Gift certificate to her favorite restaurant I sure whatever you chose she will love...Because it came from the heart...
@pkc3000 (1268)
Dear Dolce-vita78 Really it is very puzzled for me what things I will present to my younger sister . After long discussion with my friends it has been decided to present her a book & a parkar pen as she is a teacher and her hobby is reading. By presenting the same I think I have rightly gifted her in her birth day. Pl. reply whether my decision is correct or not? pkc3000
@bobet17 (158)
Why dont you try to clean her Room and post any beautiful posters,i did that also to my sister instead of giving her a stuff because its so common,and I know she have a lot of stuff,that is my own suggestion because it is difficult to think what kind of gift they want.
@VAnnasamy (426)
A compact bag, should be able to contain - money, mobile, pen, beautifying products with a small mirror attached. And do not forget to get the bag scribed/stickered with her house address at the front. The bag should be lockable with secret code. It may have an alarm system when the bag is being snatched by someone. Hope, you would like it. I have experienced, as a brother, sister is a good and affectionate friend indeed. All the best to your family.
@manya_pearl (1905)
I think good perfume that she "maybe" love it. Many perfume are sold in the mall, you just ask them to choose the best perfume for particular character of the person... Women really love perfume!!!
I aways say that cash is the best gift. I will never say it enough. people find it so hard to buy gifts for other. When the cash is the one gift people really need. If you have any kids. Give them any white envelope. with some crayons. Take that and add $20.00 to the envelope. That is a good amount of money for a minimum. I $50.00 gift cards to give as gifts. I have never gone wrong doing that. Or a nice koolaid purse to brighten up her collection.
@argo979 (118)
i suggest you to gift a great basket empty of Chupa chups, a very sweet gift!
@havfaith (174)
I can remember my 13 th birthday. And my favorite gift was from my sister. The following Saturday was my day with her. She took me to lunch and to a movie and then to dinner. But the best part of the gift was spending time with my sister.