I Am Much Sneakier Than They Are, I Peek

@Rozie37 (15503)
Turkmenistan
I have noticed that the spammer are getting much more clever lately. I get so much e-mail that looks ligitimate, that I have had to learn to run my pointer over it and peek to see where it is really coming from before I click on it. It will seem to be coming from a reputable name that I trust. But when I run the pointer over it, I see some of the weirdest things. Spam is not always junked. The same way that good mail does not always reach our in box. The other day, I got the same spam at least twice. I had junked the first one, but they sent they smae thing, only slightly different. In this case peeking can save you a lot of heartache, now to mention repair money, so do you peek?
@Flight84 (3050)
Sometimes the subject line in the email makes me want to look, or peek at least, but my rule has become that if I don't recognize the sender, then I don't even read the email. I can't help but try to take a peek on occasssion though. Spam seems to be getting worse in my email. For awile, I was hardly getting any in my inbox, but now I seem to have several a day from random overseas companies trying to give me a million dollars for a lottery I never entered in London! ha ha.
@Rozie37 (15503)
• Turkmenistan
This is what I am saying. I put my arrow over the subject line to see the entire address, so that I know where it is REALLY coming from. Hey Flight, how are you, long time...
@Flight84 (3050)
I'm doing okay I guess. I'm burn out on work already and wanting to find another job. I'm tired of working for idiots! I want to be able to focus more of my time and attention on my writing anyway. I'm trying to get caught up on Mylot too!
@Rozie37 (15503)
• Turkmenistan
I hope that you can find a job that suits you, so that you are no longer stressed out.
@Polly1 (12648)
I have heard of a peeping Tom, we can call you a peeking Rozie. I get so much spam and junk in my email. I am careful with peeking. I get mail with the date of 2038, I also get the same stuff over and over. We can get on a "Do not call list". We need a "Do not send list", wouldn't that be nice.
@Rozie37 (15503)
• Turkmenistan
And another thing, "Peeping Tom?" Ha, ha, ha, I gonna get you for that one. I will have you rolling on the floor laughing.
@vera5d (4006)
i hardly open anything in my one account...over 700 messages of spam each day - most of it goes directly into the spam folder, yahoo is pretty good at filtering that stuff out though once in awhile something will go to spam when it shouldn't - but i only notoce that because i'll actually be looking for it. my other email I don't give out to hardly anyone, I can;t taje reading the zillions of useless emails every day!
@Rozie37 (15503)
• Turkmenistan
I use my Yahoo e-mail address for the very same thing. If I am not sure about a company, I give them my Yahoo e-mail address. That way I don't have to be bothered with it if it is spam. The first thing that I do when I go to Yahoo is empty the bulk mail.
@jhl930 (3605)
No...i don't peek because if i don't know where the email came from(like i dont know the name of the sender i dont even open it because i have heard that people can send you things like viruses through the email and when they do as soon as you open it it spreads to you computer) and i don't really need that to happen to my computer so if i don't know the name of the sender i don't even open the email and i just ditch it in the trash...
I here your pain. I get so much junk email it is rediculous. I have been getting the same email four and five times. What up with that? I have to delete all of them not just one. I can have 100 emails in my inbox and end up reading less than half of them by the time I delete the spam.
@Rozie37 (15503)
• Turkmenistan
I try to be careful by putting my Yahoo e-mail address on sites that I am not sure of, yet I still end up with too much spam in my main box. It is very frustrating at times.
My email system only accepts emails into the inbox that I have either subscribed to or are from people on my contacts list. Other than that, they go to the junk mail folder. There have been some that have gotten through, but only because the sites I have approved, have passed on my details! Not impressed about that. I mean, I am a woman, why would I need a pump to enhance the crown jewels? Seriously, they obviously don't do their research! lol.