What do you use your computer for mostly? Also, does the internet sell PC'S???

March 1, 2008 5:32pm CST
Games,shopping, online food shopping, film times, online games, networking, word processing, work, etc? I use mine for mylot, myspace, word, work, news and ebay most of the time. I might play a computer game once a month if i am really really bored! Also, i was thinking about the internet, would you still buy your computer? I certainly would think twice about getting one, or more than one. I use the internet for hours aday, even when doing work. Do you think that people buy computers for because of the internet? For examply, my grandma recently purchased a normal, nothing fancy computer, all she knows how to do on it is turn it on, load the internet, order her shopping, pay and then shut it down. If it wasnt for the internet she wouldn't have bought one. Please share your opinions on this matter. Chris
1 person likes this
7 responses
@Modestah (11192)
• United States
3 Mar 08
forums, shopping catalog stores, research, bill paying.... yes, I purchased my new computer from the dent and scratch/refurbs from www.dell.com I got a superb deal and an added bonus of an additional 10% off which paid the shipping.
@Blondie2222 (22578)
• United States
3 Mar 08
I use my computer mostly for checking e=mails, playing games & going on websites like myspace, this and other ones i'm signed up for. I just use it to surf the net, I shop online but not too often. Cant be that safe on here now a days....But I'm mostly on here tho just to talk n make new friends!
@zeloguy (4913)
• United States
2 Mar 08
I am owner and CEO of CT3 International, Inc. which is a web development/hosting/SEO/etc... company as well as hosting our own sites. A lot of time is taken there, of course here, and occasionally playing some games. I do shopping online, always check film times (great feature of the internet)... we currently have five computers (for two employees) and are looking to get another laptop. Of course a lot of people buy computers 'just for the internet' and there are computers (nothing fancy I think you use) that are designed just for that. That does not mean that you should not be aware of the dangers lurking out there or not take care of your computer (regular maintainence). Thanks Zelo
@winterose (39918)
• Canada
2 Mar 08
I use the computer mostly for writing and publishing, I get paid for it and some I do for free
• Canada
1 Mar 08
First of all, to answer your question "do you think people would buy a computer for the internet" I would have to say yes. To me, without the internet, the computer is almost useless. It is probably ATLEAST 95% of why I am on a computer in the first place .. Internet. The other 5% of the time is non-online games or doing work in Microsoft Word, etc. Secondly, what I use my computer for: school work (Microsoft Word, researching on the internet, etc), online games (Counter Strike Source - and other first person shooters, Tibia - an online RPG, and others!), social networking (Myspace and Facebook), using MSN (an instant messanger), as well as browsing the internet for interesting things or when I'm bored :D
• United States
1 Mar 08
I use mine to mostly chat with friends and family that I cant see that often and whatnot. I also use it to find things like cars etc. And im not starting to get into the whole ebay thing, and now mylot to earn some extra money.
@ellie333 (21029)
1 Mar 08
I have just recently picked up an old 98 windows for my son just to play games on and type. He is only for bless him but has already contributed his skills on a discusion on here, obviously his won't be connected to the internet. If I was to buy one myself what would be the point if I wasn't online, yes I ebay, I do surveys, I'm here on MyLot, I browse, I shop I use msn for staying in contact with my friends. Ellie :D