DVD box sets of series of favorite past shows - what do you watch?

@coffeebreak (17824)
Now that full seasons of series shows and sitcoms are on DVD and you can get the box set of your favorites...and in my opinion, there ins't much on tv these days worth the electricity to turn the tv on.... what are your favorite past shows and how often do you watch them? And could you do an all day watching the box set from season 1 to final season? I am a I Love Lucy fana nd have the seasons, but I don't have to pull them out as she is on every day at some point in time. But at night, yes I will put on the LucyDesi Comedy hour, those don't air much. I also like Gilmore Girls and could watch that for hours (while on MyLot!). What about you? What do you watch and how often and how long?
@twoey68 (13662)
There are alot I'd like to get but they are pricey. Golden Girls, Roseanne, Charmed, CSI: Vegas, CSI: Miami, Law and Order...to name a few. I doubt I'll ever get them all but I pick one up now and then. I wish they didn't cost so much but that's how it goes. [b]**AT PEACE WITHIN** ~~STAND STRONG IN YOUR BELIEFS~~[/b]
@twoey68 (13662)
Oh I forgot Murder she Wrote and Matlock. [b]**AT PEACE WITHIN** ~~STAND STRONG IN YOUR BELIEFS~~[/b]
@coffeebreak (17824)
What I have been doing is watching Amazon.com. The box sets come on sale for $15 each. If you spend $25 you get free shipping - and it is really quick shipping time! But I just wait and watch and they will come on sale and usually they will have at least 2 seasons for $15 each so I get them then. I have just gotten the Mary Tyler Moore show seasons 1-4 and watched 2 seasons yesterday and literally laughed all day long!!! I got these cause of a sale Amazon.com had - a BOGO sale. So I my "bill" was $23.99 for season 2 and then $23.99 for season 3. That gave me free shipping. Then they gave the BOGO and the total was $23.99 - so $14 per season! I have collected several box sets like this. Just watch and wait and they will come on sale - probably good sales come christmas time. I put the ones I wnat on my Wish List and if htey come on sale, I get notified that an "item on your wish list just went on sale" and I can watch for the sales that way to. Just nothing on tv anymore. THe sitcoms of the 70's were just the funniest ever.
For awhile I was watching the Dawsons Creek series. It went off the air a few years ago with 6 seasons. So I got them and watched them for awhile. I dont watch it now though.
@coffeebreak (17824)
Yeah, they seem to be making sure they stay up to date on current shows - even Desperate Housewives is now out with all seasons and it is still on the Network! It is just nice to be able to watch your favorite whenever you want to!
@mrtimharry (1182)
I have box sets of Starsky and Hutch, and the Professionals, both of which I have spent hours watching when particularly bored.