Have you ever had fried Ice Cream?

Here in the south, everything is fried. They fry fish which to me takes away any health benefit to fish, okr and other vegetables are deep fried, man what a bad idea. Turkey is deep fried, and yes even ice cream. I did not believe this to be true, but alas yes there is fried ice cream. I have not had it, not sure I ever will, though they claim it is very good. Have you ever had fried ice cream? Was it good?
I want so bad to taste that fried turkey. I hear it's the best. I would never even try the ice cream. I am not a deep fry person. Then to remove the cold off my ice cream. Is that not defeating the purpose..
We havent tried the fried turkey either, but I know people who swear by it.
deep-fried ice cream is still cold. it just has a crust over it. mmmm-so good! i wish some place around here made it, but probably better that there isn't, bad enough we can get funnel cake here..lol...
@mbs730 (2152)
Yes that is a Mexican dessert. Honestly I tried it once and didn't like it. Most things that are fried tastes so good, but it sure isn't good to or for you! I know in South America they also fry bananas and that I have tried at a Brazilian restaurant once, didn't like it!
Do you not like fried food in general? Some people who are committed to eating a healthy lifestyle are turned off by any fried food.
@mbs730 (2152)
It really depends. You are right though, most people are completely turned off by fried food if they eat better. I am eating so much better than I used to. And I will put it to you this way. I will not touch fast food with a 10 foot pole anymore. But occasionally for a treat I will have chicken nuggets, love the taste of those.. then I end up paying for it afterwards, ugh oh well lol. So some fried food I like, but could not eat it more than once a month and when I do, I get cramps! Oh well.. sometimes I never learn haha.
@siZidni (1860)
I like so many fried food here in indonesia. couldn't eat if there's no fried meal infront of me. yes it sounds very unhealthy. there's fried ice cream here. but i never want to taste it. since i thought it will harm my teeth.
I dont think it would harm your teeth anymore than fried food will harm your heart.
@siZidni (1860)
What a good advice. yes thx for it. recently i ate less fried meal though.
@lecanis (16664)
• Murfreesboro, Tennessee
I miss fried ice cream. *sighs* I haven't had it in so many years! I suppose I don't eat some of the things you're complaining about frying at all... so I don't know if the fried versions or non-fried versions are better. No fish or fowl for me. :P I do enjoy a lot of things fried though. I'm from Kentucky, and we do pretty much fry everything there. I love having baked ham for dinner and then frying up the leftovers to have with biscuits for breakfast.
I didnt think I was complaining about fried food, was just saying food culture is much different here than what we were used to back north.
@lecanis (16664)
• Murfreesboro, Tennessee
Oh, sorry. I think I just got that impression because you were talking about it taking away health benefits and such. Not that I'll deny it does. :P It's true that the food culture is a lot different. I live in northern Michigan now, but I was born in Kentucky... that was a big change! :P
i completely identify with you because in India too, people are constantly on a frying frenzy. when I came across fried ice-cream, the idea freaked me out at first but then I decide to experiment with it. guess what! It did not turn out to be so bad after all! the frying causes the top layer of the glob to caramelize but the insides still remain cold. its funny tasting but in a good way.
Well I guess with all the posts we have had, I can say fried ice cream is a hit.
@subha12 (18453)
I have heard of it here in mylot. I have never had any idea about friend ice cream. i guess its something fried then frozen it still not in my part of country,
No I guess they take really frozen ice cream put it in a ball, then coat it with rice crispies or corn flakes then drop it into hot grease and deep fry it for a short time
@coffeeshot (3786)
I have! Deep fried ice-cream is amazing! Just the combination of sweet hot crumbs over the cold icecream is yum. I want some now! I have never tried a deep fried mars bar though. I think if I ate all of this stuff I'd need to flush my blood out with pure vinegar. No wonder so many Americans are over weight. Banana and mayonnaise sandwiches? Wow.
Yuck now see that is gross bananas and mayonnaise. My kids do like bananas and peanut butter though. We dont use a whole lot of mayonnaise at all
@Gesusdid (1681)
when i first saw it, it was at our local state fair it was kinda odd to me , because i couldnt understand it " Fried Ice Cream ?"!! but sure enough i saw it on the news and there it was Fried Ice Cream , along with Friend Snickers , Fried Oreo's ehh all that fried crap just makes your heart buckle for fear
I had never heard of fried snickers or oreos before I started this post. I think if you eat it once a year at your state fair, your heart will probably be ok, it is people that eat it all the time that might worry
We used to have an awesome Mexican restaurant here when I was a kid. They had fried ice cream and YES it was very good! They had the best food anyway, I have no idea why they went out of business. That was many, many years ago now and I still miss their food.
We like mexican food too, at least I do if it isnt too hot. That really hot stuff burns my tongue off.
@catbvq (364)
I've never heard of it until now, but I'll try anything once as long as they aren't icky or yucky. By the way, what kind of oil do they use to fry ice cream into?
I dont know, no one has mentioned that yet
@draconess (651)
I had deep fried ice cream once at a fancy asian resaurant. It was delicious- the creamy ice cream gets nice and soft and melty inside the hot dough, which was a really nice light lemon flavour. I'm sure it's absolutly horrible from a health perspective, but it was an amazing treat! I can't stand deep fried fish or veggies though. Too fatty and greasy, I prefer my foods nicely grilled with herbs, not fried in fat.
Thanks, I prefer not all that fried stuff either
@shymurl (2768)
I was scared to try it too. I had never heard of it until I moved to the south. One day my husband ordered it for the kids and I took a bite, and I really loved it. I recommend that you try it. If you love icecream, you'll like fried icecream. let us know when you do try it, how you like it.
@bcote212 (1113)
Fried Ice Cream, is an awesome desert that I find at the Mexican restauraunts in my area. It is unbelievable. And actually pretty easy to make. Its basically rice krispies and icecream but it is amazing. i would recommend trying it.
@julievy (595)
I've had it once or twice and it's really pretty good. A ball of hard frozen ice cream is dipped in batter or crushed corn flakes and deep fried for just a minute until the coating is browned. It's excellent served with bananas and caramel sauce! It's not something that you'd want to eat every day, but it's a nice treat every once and a while. Just like anything else, a little deep fried food in moderation won't hurt - just don't eat it every day.
Yes fried food in a little moderation wont hurt anyone, but it sure seems like we are deep frying alot more food these days. My husband would love a deep fryer, but I wont allow it. I just think it could easily be used over and over for everything.
I live in the south,anf yes places do dry the fish and veggie but i have eyt to see friend turkey, i guess nc isnt south enough yet.LMAO here there aint nothin like eating a mayonaise and babana sanwich LMAO. when i was back home in the north. and we ate at chi chi's there is were ive had my fried ice cream. I have yet to see it anywere else. it id veary good indeeed.
My sister and her husband just moved to north carolina, and at least where they are fried turkey for thanksgiving was all the rage.
@xboxboy (5578)
i live in scotland where we deep fry everything. last night for dinner i had deep fried batter deep fried in a second coat of deep fried batter smoothered in a sauce of deep fat oil. delicious!