The Lighter Shade of Brown!

@myrith (1830)
In 2008 it seem that color is still an issue, you're either too dark or too brown. The browning still get preference as opposed to the darkening. In this time and age, why does it still remain an issue, in other words who cares? people just need to see and love themselves for what they are, after all who is going to do it for you?
@ESKARENA1 (18299)
well coulor certainly isnt an issue for me, why it still is an issue for some silly people i cant imagine unless they are just slower than the rest of us? blessed be
@myrith (1830)
Me neither, but not everyone see it as we do, it's time they get over rubbish like that, there would be a lot less tension.
@ESKARENA1 (18299)
for sure, but i just wonder what criteria they would use to discriminate against people if we didnt use coulor?
@myrith (1830)
Only God knows that answer, but I'm sure they would come up with something derogatory.
Unfortunately the world does not see the things the same way. I had just gotten out of a 8 1/2 year relationship with a Caucasian Woman, I am a what the Americans call a Native American, in Canada here we are called, First People, Aboriginal People or First Nations. That was my first and last relationshipe with a Cacasian woman, no matter what resturarnt or store we went into, there was always hesitation for the people to come over and serve us because of the color of my skin. I know that some people still find it hard to believe that it still happens today in society. I've been followed by cops in the cities of Toronto and Vancouver just because of the color of my skin. I've had my nose broken on the city bus, because of the color of my skin. Not one person came to my defense. Oddly the day that this happened, it was THE DAY THE END INTERNATIONAL DISCRIMINATION DAY. Go Figure.
@myrith (1830)
THE DAY THE END INTERNATIONAL DISCRIMINATION DAY That's a laugh, days like those are only valid on the day that it's happening, the day after all that hoopla, it's back to business as usual. I never take those things too seriously.