what are the indications of pure honey?

@yona06 (585)
Indonesia
can anybody please tell me how you can tell if a honey is pure or not? meaning that it has no added sugar or other substances.
@deebomb (15347)
The best way to know if honey is pure is to get raw honey. I get mine from a health food store. right now i have 4 different bottles or jars of honey. 3 of them say pure honey. I bought one because it had a honey comb in it and my granddaughter want to see what honey comb was like. I also bought one before that to use in some of my teas and 2 were given to her. So read the label on the front it will say pure honey. hope that helps
@yona06 (585)
thanks you for your comment. okay... say you have trust issues, you can't trust a condition of an item as said on its label just like that. isn't there any physical traits I can look for in pure honey? just to reassure myself.
@deebomb (15347)
No there isn't any special traits that you can look for. Honey is a variety of colors depending on the flowers that the bees use to make it. The best that I can come up with would be to go to the bee keepers in your area to get your honey.
@yona06 (585)
i guess that would be the best way. but it is kind of hard to find bee keepers in the middle of a big city :) but, thank you for the advice.
@Ldyjarhead (10161)
If you're buying it in a jar or bottle, it should say right on it. If all it says is 'honey', then there is nothing else. Does it have a label on it? I thought honey WAS sugar, just in another form.
@yona06 (585)
yeah... but I tend not to trust entirely the stuff that are said on a label, especially when it comes to food and made in some specific countries.