Quick question about ebay

@jhl930 (3605)
Ok i just ordered my first item and it said to pay now or something like that after i did it and i clicked yes...and it showed me my mailing adress and everything and then it ask how i wanted to pay(Or something like that)and i selected paypal and they ask me if that is the amount i wanted to pay...and i said yes and it said that was being processed by paypal...and it said that if i didnt have the money in my bank account to cover it...which i do...that the credit card would pay for it...and then it said a paypal recipt would be sent to me shortly...so is it completely paid for now...like will the seller recieve the payment now or how does it work???
@Ldyjarhead (10157)
Yes, the transaction is completed to a point, meaning the other person may not have the money yet, but your part is done. If you have the funds in your PayPal account, it is transferred to the other person immediately. If you don't have the funds in your PayPal account and it is coming from your bank account, then it is considered like an e-check and it may take a few days to clear. You can keep checking your PayPal account to see when that has occurred. Once it clears, the seller will be notified and no doubt will send your item. Either way, you don't have to do anything else. Your end of the deal is done, unless you don't have the funds available or something.
yes they receive your payment at once.paypal is really pretty neat that way I have used it several times myself.
Your payment has gone through. The one thing that annoys me with paypal is that you can't save up your earnings in paypal. If you have anything there and you buy something they take the money from your balance first :(
If it was sent to your creditcard and the amount is available the seller will be paid. They will send a paid receipt to your email that you have listed.
@daeckardt (6245)
The seller usually gets the money in very little time. In fact, my nephew made an order on ebay last night, it was paid for, and today we got a refund because the seller said they do not ship to China. Not to worry!!! You are fine!!!
@mychattime (1013)
Thats it done! Don't panic everything is fine. I must admit I use paypal all the time for buying and selling on ebay, it's so much easier and when I've run out of money on paypal they charge my card instead. I find it's a good way of paying and being paid at least you don't have to give out card details all the time to strangers. You should have got your reciept by now and feeling a bit calmer and relaxed about it all.