Do you have road rage?

@jillhill (37383)
I don't. I am that person in the car on the right "slow" lane that figures if someone wants to pass me go for it. My sister however says she has it when she is with me. LOL...usually because we have so much to do in so little time. Last week however here in Minnesota there was an incident where a lady accidently cut off a gentleman then pulled over to apologize. He picked her up and threw her into a lane of oncoming traffic. She was bruised etc and had to be taken to the hospital. They are looking for the guy that picked her up and tossed her into traffic. There are times when someone does accidently cut you off and that is not an excuse for behavior like this. Do you have road rage or do you just travel along without getting upset?
@lexus54 (3576)
I am a law-abiding motorist who drives with sufficient care and consideration on the roads. I do drive quite fast but within the allowable speed limit. Sometimes, I get onto the fast lane when I am driving at the limit, but if I see another motorist coming fast behind me (even if that motorist is speeding), I will change into an inside lane to let the motorist past. I don't get upset because someone who is going faster passes me. That happens all the time on the roads. It is no point getting involved with anyone in road rage incidents, because it will end up in frayed nerves, loss of temper and heated arguments. When people become irrational due to some provocation, we will only end up with unnecessary violence, and I can do well to avoid such situations.
@jillhill (37383)
You said it wonderfully!
@lexus54 (3576)
Thanks for your vote. Let me share with you a recent account of how a road rage incident got one guy in big trouble. On 27th Feb, a bus driver was driving his bus along a street when a motorcyclist cut into his path. Both motorists later stopped their vehicles by the road side and had a heated argument, during which some vulgarities were thrown. On the same day, a JI terrorist who was held in detention escaped. [You might have heard about this escape in the news]. A nationwide manhunt was carried out by the police to try and recapture the terrorist, and some rewards were offered for information leading to his arrest. On 1st March, this bus driver contacted the police and gave some tip-off about having seen the terrorist. He reported that the terrorist got on his bus, and after getting off, he saw the terrorist riding pillion on a motorcycle which belonged to the person with whom he had the road-rage incident on 27th Feb. He not only fabricated this tall tale to try and get some rewards, he was trying to get back at the motorcyclist. His lead got the police on a wild goose chase instead. In the end, the police found that the story was false and his lie was exposed. He was charged in court on 10th March, was sacked from his job, and received a 21 month jail term as a result. The police deemed that his actions were serious because his nonsense jeopardized the search efforts of the police in trying to re-capture a highly wanted criminal. This is a true account which happened in my country last month. Hope you enjoyed reading it.
@carolbee (16241)
There's no excuse for that kind of behavior. Hope they find the guy and toss him in jail, fine him or both. I don't have road rage. I go the speed limit and stay in the right or middle lane. Most often I am not driving fast enough in our city. The limit is 60 mph and people whiz by me like I'm not moving. I've been driving for 48 years. No tickets, no accidents. Am proud of my driving record. I don't like it when someone pulls out in front of me or cuts me off on the highway but I can fix stupid. That's my theory.
@jillhill (37383)
That is what one of our police officer friends says all the time! You can't fix stupid!
@carolbee (16241)
Fixing stupid is impossible. I've tried..lol
@Marcola (2776)
I curse at people and complain about people not using their signals when switching lanes, as well as tailgating. I think it's only common courtesy to signal when switching lanes. There's no good excuse not to. Tailgating is inexcusable. If you're going to pass me, pass me already! But your story about that guy, yeah, that's a little extreme.
@jillhill (37383)
Very extreme! I don't like tailgating either...and you are right. Everyone should use their signals!
@wisedragon (2330)
That's crazy. Why didn't he just yell or curse at her? He should definitely go to jail because that was frustrated homicide. In my younger years I used to drive very fast, but now I have learned to relax and take my time. My road rage only comes out when I am provoked. Otherwise I am a courteous driver.
@jillhill (37383)
You are a wise dragon....I so think that comes with age..slowing down and enjoying the ride!
@ellie333 (21029)
I have been known to swear under my breath on occasion as there are some real idiots out there on the roads these days, I have sworn out loud before but my son repeated it so haven't since, I tend to call them all sorts in my head, count to ten and sigh very deeply. Poor woman, we all make mistakes but she had tried to apolgise. I hope she was okay and that the catch the imbecile that did this to her. Ellie:D
@jillhill (37383)
I do occasionally call someone a meathead but this was an extreme. I hope they catch him too....and toss him someplace like jail!