NYC Bombing At Recruiting Station In Times Square

@olivemai (4739)
What do you think about the recent bombing of a recruiting station in New York City's Times Square? It happened early Thursday morning. No injuries were reported.
@fpd1955 (2075)
I saw this on the news. They had video of a man riding up on a bicycle, stopping at the station, bicycling off and BOOM! I wonder if they will ever find this jerk. Protesting the war I suppose, but there are way better ways to do that instead of using a bomb and possibly hurting someone. Thank God no one was in Times Square that early in the morning! PEACE
@olivemai (4739)
I was unaware that there was a video of the man! I think it was planned for nobody to get hurt, at least I hope so. Otherwise it would be very hypocritical to actually hurt someone while protesting violence used during a war!
@fpd1955 (2075)
Hypocritical? You mean like the Right to Life protesters that would kill people at abortion clinics with their bombs? I always thought that was hypocritical and an oxymoron. But yes, thankfully I also think it was planned that way. PEACE
@calcynic (433)
I'm an advocate of civil disobedience in the form of passive resistance. This was an idiotic and cowardly form of protest. After getting back from Nam, I participated in a few protests where we sat and blocked entrances to Federal Buildings where draft boards were located. We were arrested, cited and released. No violence, no active resistance whatsoever. We got our point across and the government, in the form of U.S.Marshals, did likewise. A person with a passionate objection to any policy has to have the guts to PUBLICLY speak or act against it, paying the consequences, if any. Vandalism, under cover of darkness, is vile and cowardly.
@calcynic (433)
I'm not condoning the means of the protest, but I totally understand the frustration and passion that led up to it. We've been disenfranchised as to our having any voice in our government. We pulled out of Vietnam (where I did a bit of time) while the majority of our citizens were still in favor of our being there. The opposition was rising, but was still the minority. This damned war has a 20% approval rating among Americans, yet our fearless leader insists he is acting in our best interests. I've heard that song and dance before and I'm not swallowing it. Neither is 80% of our countrymen and women.
@olivemai (4739)
I can understand that but this was only a recruiting station! An incident like this only serves to make the protesters look bad!
@ellie333 (21030)
hi Olivemai, I hadn't heard of this either but my inital reaction was thank God that no one was injured and my second was that it is such a vicious world we are living in right now that people could do such a thing. Thank you for making us aware of this. Ellie :D
@olivemai (4739)
It is tough to live in this world! New York is the place it all started, almost seven years ago! I found out while on my webtv. I do want the war to end once and for all, but who knows how to get our wish to come true? Certainly not by bombing recruiting stations.