Stalking via activity sortie.

I will mention no names here as I am sure the persons I am speaking about will be sure to read this but I find the activity sortie quite unnerving. I have always gone about myLot activity quite freely and will reply to a variety of discussions but lately I have noticed that some people choose to just follow you about commenting on your responses and although I say nothing here I am ashamed about it makes me see how easily it is for someone to build up a fascination about you and make you feel quite uncomfortable. It is so easy for another user here see absolutely everything you write. I know this could be done before but it just seems like this is the only purpose the activity sortie has. I must confess that I don't use it myself. What are your views on it? Do you welcome this change at myLot?
@mrpippo (756)
i know what you mean , last week i made the mistake of giving some one my phone # and this person has not stopped calling me for about 2 weeks now ,they have a stalker tracker website on my space for those types of situations they should get one for my lot
Ha ha Laura you are just as bad, we know you are Laura and work for the NHS and know you love to shop. It is so easy though to just hand out stuff without thinking. A few people online have my number but I must say they have never abused it.
I love that sortie. I have found posts that were far back just by look at one. I find my favorite friends this way and respond to some quality posts. It's easy as pie to pass the trash by. But to feel stalked it's kind of crazy to me. Discussions a person started. Can do just that. People should look for the positives. Mylot thanks for the great sortie.
Well as I did say I don't use it myself so can't really say much else about it except it is making me feel stalked. Maybe I will take more notice of it now that you have been singing its praises.
@bronie123 (4589)
hmmm i dont have a clue how to use that sortie your are refering to but i hope im not bothering you LOL
Bronie I seem to have made everyone paranoid now that it is them. Trust me, its not you. l like you hanging out at my discussions anyway. Lol.
@bronie123 (4589)
Yay im glad :) Im so happy i got my computer back i miss this place :) wow rintintin you following me now LOL
Ritintin seem to be having fun and not dangerous. LoL! Have fun!
I agree that the activity sortie adds some uncomfortableness. Some of your friends may see that you responded to others and not them and that could make all shades of red. I don't really care for people to see what I am up to...Thanks for a great discussion, Claire! Jodi
No problem there 10 star. I really like it when 10 stars reply cos I always hope it will be catching lol. Yeah that is the other aspect. People might get annoyed that you never responded to theirs, when the truth be told, you just reply to what you stukmble upon
@sid556 (31003)
It really doesn't bother me at all. If I see the same people in many discussions, I just assume that they are interested in the same ones as I am. I really haven't noticed anyone that makes me uncomfortable here. If you have then you should report it. I think even if someone were following me around on here it would not bother me unless they were harrassing me. I mean, it's not like they can do anything to me.
Mmmm, would you like to be stalked in real life?
@Eskimo (2317)
I don't like this new activity at all, don't have much use for it myself, however a number of people will use this. I have read of some people (and myself included), who respond to one person's post, then go to someone else who has replied to the same post, then do the same for lots of others, so jump about a lot through MyLot, and often then find new people to respond to, this seems a much easier way of doing things than looking at the latest activity of members. If someone wants to target a specific individual on MyLot, then they can do it from their profile anyway, as it is all shown there. If the member is also on your friends list, then they can get e-mails for every post you make as well.
@jeanniemay (1803)
Oh, I don't even know it until I saw your discussion. The sad fact is, not all intentions are wise and advantageous. Honestly, yes, I think it's pretty unsafe to people here who have different focus and not intending good. Let's stay loving and attract the love and best intentions! Keep up!
@crazed_moma (1054)
it would be easy for them to go find your posts.... I think I've looked for my friends posts that way, though not to stalk them.... I guess they must really think you are pretty spiffy if they're "folowing" you. ;)