What's the earliest you get up on a Saturday?

@jovimom (1576)
When the weekend comes, I usually stay up late Friday nite and sleep as late as possible Saturday. If I have to get up w/my daughter, I can't sleep past 9 usually. If my husband gets up w/her, I sleep in :) Anyways, my cousin is having her daughters b-day party tomorrow at 10am! That's just not enough time to get up, get ready, and get there on time. I told her I might not go, am I a bad person? We are close like sisters, not cousins...
@maddysmommy (16233)
If we were close like that then I would make an effort to get my butt out of bed and go to the birthday BUT I totally understand your reasoning because I like my sleepins on Saturday mornings too. My son gets up and entertains himself and knows how to make his breaky so he lets me sleep in and wakes me up when he needs something. I slept in till 10am this morning because I couldn't get to sleep last night. I went to bed at 1am or was it 2am. Did you make it? LOL
@jovimom (1576)
I didn't go, I think she's mad at me too, but she'll get over it. I didn't go to sleep til about 1:30 am :) Isn't it nice when they get old enough to do for themselves pretty much?
@maddysmommy (16233)
It sure is. I like that he wants to make his own breakfast and things.
@carmelanirel (20979)
Well, I may be too late in responding, but I would say, go ahead and go to the party.. Losing one Saturday won't hurt you and you just might have a lot of fun.. As for myself, I am up by 7 and that is because my 5 y/o doesn't understand leaving me to sleep, he wants me up playing with him or making breakfast..:) I don't mind, it gets me day going and if I get tired later in the day, I take a cat nap..
@jovimom (1576)
Well, I didn't go, she called and sounded mad, but oh well. Like I said above, she doesn't come to my kids parties half the time and they are always in the afternoon. My daughter sometimes wakes up at 7, but usually not til at least 8 and if she stays up late on the weekends, she gets up later. My husband and I usually take turns getting up with her cause we go to bed at the same time on the weekends, but usually it's me getting up with her,lol
Yes, isn't that always the way, the Mom gets up with the kids..My husband wouldn't get up for anything...
@sedel1027 (17854)
10am? Who has a party that early? She expect people to go? I would never have a kids party before noon. We sleep late. My son is 9 and fends for himself until someone gets up - assuming he gets up before we do. I usually get up around 10:30 on the weekends. We have been known to sleep as late as 1pm though.
@jovimom (1576)
Tell me about it! I've never heard of anyone having a b-day party that early on a weekend especially! I didn't go, she called and left a message, she sounded pretty peeved. But oh well, she doesn't come to my childrens parties half the time either. I always have them in the afternoon too. Yes, I have been known to sleep pretty late myself, especially if I stay up late watching movies the nite before :)