Fraud on eBay

few days ago I was froud on eBay. I had bought a new Nintendo DS, I paid but the game has never arrived! So I had to go to the police to make a complaint, but they have said me that it isn't likely get back money. There is already success to you? Probably it is a theft of account, you think that the user had more than 370 positive feedback!!!!! grrrrrr!
You can contact Ebay and make a complaint. I had this happen to me not with a seller but a buyer. I sold a playstation 2 with 10 games and the women cancelled her payment after she got the product. She said that the games were not ones that her 5 year-old could play. So she in turn got a free playstation and all the games. I contacted her numerous times to send me back the product and I would even pay for the shipping. She would not do it. I am very leary now of selling on Ebay just because some people have found ways of getting products without paying for them.
I have contact eBay but I was told me not to do anything for the type of payment i used. eBay gave me to go to the police...I think that eBay has responsibility, it doesn't check sufficiently their accounts...
@SweetTrix (1073)
That really sucks that she basically stole your PS2 and games, that is why my fiancee always waits for the payment to clear before shipping the item out because people are always trying to scam everyone now-a-days. I would have contacted ebay by the phone instead of email since they tend to be more helpful that way. If you have the reciept and delivery conformation reciept as well as proof that she cancelled then they might be able to do something, but since you didn't wait for the payment to clear they may just tell you that it was your fault for shipping it without being actually paid for the item. But you would think the lady would return the game system and games, didn't she read the descriptions of the games or look at the picture and do some research before buying games that her kid can't play? If I was buying my kids some games I would surely look into what I am buying them, if the games are too violent or something I would think my 5 year-old should see then I wouldn't buy it. Maybe she just made that excuse to get out of paying or shipping it back but that still wrong. If you don't mind could I have her ebay username? Just so my fiance doesn't sell her anything, I don't want to get scammed either! I know my fiance sold a toy to a lady that you have to build, well it was complete, and it was all dismantled in a ziplock bag and shipped. When she got it she let her son oped it in the car and he put it together, but claimed that not all the peices where there and the arms where loose. He told her that the arms are suppose to be loose so they can swing and that he would replace the peices. The woman refuse to provide proof of the pieces that were missing or even a description of the pieces. Wouldn't you think maybe he lost the pieces in the car? Or not put the toy together correctly since he didn't use the instruction booklet. Well after my fiance told her that the arms are suppose to swing and they do come out easily for that reason she never responded, so I guess maybe she was wrong and found the pieces or the toy was not put together correctly. Well enough of my ranting. I hope you can get that resolved, and remember if their payment hasn't cleared don't ship, save receipts of the shipment, check their rating and feedback(if they joined that week be leary), also communicate only through ebay's email system. •¤•Good Luck•¤•
@redfang (969)
Well i have not heard of the payment method which you say you used but like the police have already told you i doubt you will have much joy in getting your money back, ebay is full of dishonest people who are ready to take your money at the drop of a hat and they feel no remorse for doing it either, you are just easy prey for them. the only thing which you might be able to do ( and i have known it to be done ) is to get the sellers name and address and phone number ( you can do this by requesting their details from ebay ) you can then firstly ring the seller and ask where your game is etc etc if they simply put the phone down on you then take a trip to their place of residence and turn up on their doorstep, take a print out of the auction page with you and refuse to move from their house until you either have your money or you have your game, if need be take some ready made plakards with you says " here resides an ebay fraduster " and stand outside their house ( not actually on their property ) with the pakard and everyone who goes past you will see it, all their neighbours will see it and they will soon be very annoyed and either give you your money back or your game that you paid for. there are always ways to do things but it depends how far you want to go, by standing outside their house with a plakard you are simply stating the facts and the truth and giving them one very embarrasing sign for all too see which they will never live down. unfortunatly ebay is full of people like this and it makes no difference which payment method you use you are still wide open to fraud it's one of the drawbacks of ebay and something ebay could not care less about as long as their get their share of the money from the seller.
thanks for the answer! postepay is a prepaid card which in Italy is made through the postal services... eBay prohibits the use of prepaid cards and it said me to go to the postal police... eBay provided me address and telephone of the seller, but do not respond to telephone, unfortunately, the only thing I can do is hope in the good work of the police
@chad252 (51)
Is there a way to track down the address of the seller? Maybe you can see if the DS was even shipped, just to make sure it wasn't lost in the mail or anything like that.
ebay has send me by e-mail the telephone number of the seller, but does not respond, I believe, has stolen the account
Have you tried emailing the seller and asking for shipping information? You said it was only "a few days ago," so maybe it is still in transit? Unfortunately, since you didn't use paypal, ebay has no obligation to refund your money (you get a $200 refund guarentee if you use paypal for an ebay purchase). I hope your purchase turns up. Good Luck.
Certainly the object was not sent.. I hope now in police work... Unfortunately,I paid approximately 200 Euro....
@Ldyjarhead (10161)
Did you contact eBay? Did you pay with a credit card? If so, you can contact them. If you paid with PayPal you can contact them.
no, i pay with "postepay", it is a prepagate card!
@tonyllenium (6267)
yes sometimes on ebay it can happen some fraud!! so as regards feedback in reality isn't a real security instrument to understand if the seller/buyer is trusted,in fat false feedback to add to your ebay account are easy to build them and so create many falses in this way buyers must think that it is a trusted seller and so on.. as regards payment if you paid by paypal or credit card you must contact ebay and may be you can have a kind of refund due to your fraud shopping...but if you paid as postepay(in italy are common)ebay don't allow this payment so you won't be a fraud back.. as regards postal police..mmh depends if they have mind o trace the seller(if he/she lives in a country as italy or european)they can..but in many cases they just collect your claim..many users living in asia or country where there are not these laws especially in internet commerce and like that can do that without problems..so depends.. suely you can ry to contact ebay and so see what ahppen..