Our water is hard from iron deposits in the surrounding area and from all the

@writersedge (22579)
iron ore mines in the area. Do you have hard wanter? Is yours iron, sulfer, calcium? If it is hard, what from? If yours isn't hard, is it treated water? Do you have chlorine in it?
@carmelanirel (20979)
Ours is very hard and has calcium and lime and a bunch of chlorine..This is why we get water from my husbands brothers house and filter that or we buy spring water from the store..Though someone here said the calcium in our water is good for your heart, I question that since we believe it was the calcium deposits that caused my husbands kidney stones..
@writersedge (22579)
Do you have a lot of sedimentary rock in your area? Calcium and lime is usually in that kind of rock. Were there ancient lakes or did the ocean recede or something? You have calcium, lime and chlorine. Interesting, most places take out the minerals before they add chlorine, your area just adds the chlorine on top of the existing minerals? I think stones happen when there is an imbalance between elements in a person's system or when the person can't process things right, but I may be wrong. At any rate, what is good for a person's heart isn't always good for another part of a person's body. I better argument would have been that a person was on calcium blockers for their heart, but I think that's alph, beta blockers. I don't know, but it's late and my mylot a thon is wearing me down, and I have miles to go before I sleep. Takecare
hahaha, I can't believe you are doing this mylot-a-thon, it would wear me out too..:) They probably do filter out most of the calcium and lime, but I am in Ohio and on a man made lake and there is also a natural lake in the county south of us.. but it is so bad here,that we have to blow out our water heater every couple of months to save the heating element from burning up.. And we can't prove it, but my daughter had a breeding project with guinea pigs and I think that fact that they drank our water killed all the females..
Thanks for the BR..
@Foxfire1875 (2011)
The water in Scotland is soft due to lack of calcium and probably the granite. The further south down to England you go, the harder the water gets due to chalk in the soil. It does have chlorine in it though especially in summer, so although it is good water, I still filter to remove the chlorine.
@writersedge (22579)
Interesting, I didn't know anyone had soft water naturally. I would filter it, too. Thanks and take care