Are we being cheated with points?

@marciascott (25557)
Yesterday I and 8,026 well I am just guessing because I can't remember the figures, but the last two figures had 26 now it has 24 so I know I haven't made any negative discussions. unless soone is giving me a negative. I don't understand it. Why does this happen? can some one tell me. have a nice week!
@stephcjh (32385)
Hi Marcie. It is happeneing because we are responding to others and their discussions are being deleted for some reason or another. We may not have done anything worng but someone else did and got it deleted so we all lose points. I do think someone is rating us negative also. I have been stuck at a 9 star rating also for over a year now. I had a 10 rating when first joining Mylot and have not seen it since.
@marciascott (25557)
I know Steph, I just don't understand. Well, we just go with the Flo.
@stephcjh (32385)
Yep. I just roll with it anymore. I'm tired of trying to figure out why on alot of things here. there has to be a good reason for it but we will never know why it seems.
@musicman6 (2368)
I do know that if you post back and forth on the same discussion with someone, you don't get any points, and I noticed that if you go over three times on the same one they started deducting points!
@marciascott (25557)
No, Musicman6 they like for you to keep a conversation going they said that a while back, that was about a year ago. But Mylot changes so much, you don't know how the system is. You just go with the Flo.
@subha12 (18462)
i think you are right. its the case i see here more often now with my posts.one day it was 15 points less. I really do not answer i was engaged in any taht can be removed. i must say you are amazing in one way. now i see its 8725. so you posted taht much in one day ( from 8026 to 8725)?
@marciascott (25557)
I might have made a mistake with the figures, I thought I had mention that. I was going on the last 2 figures.
@Polly1 (12650)
You are back to having 26 at the end. Your number probably went down because someone had a discussion deleted and you probably had a response to it. If you did have a response and the discussion was deleted, you point went away with the discussion. I know Lori has had a couple discussions deleted and I have heard about others having discussion deleted. Oh well, we know how that is, hehe. Good luck with getting out today and moving. I hope all goes well for you.
@mouse27 (1156)
i have no idea marcia i don't even know what my points are and what they are for maybe you could tell me that
@kingcrapper (1538)
That is a good question. Isn't there something that says that scores may be lowered for short or incomplete answers? Why would we get points knocked off for negative discussions? If so, I need to stay off the political pages because I'm having a field day over there! Let me know what you come up with!
@raydene (9875)
Well Honey What happens is that if you have a discussion deleted you will loose points or if you answered someones that was deleted you will loose that point. xoxoxzoxoxo
@marciascott (25557)
Hi, Raydene, you know I kinda forgot about that, I guess I wasn't thinking.
@Deea48 (1168)
Yep I think I will go with you and try to go with the flow. I haven't noticed any of my points changing, and have to date have not had a post deleted. So yep, think I shall just go with the flow. Sounds best.
@KrauseHome (34153)
Well, from what I have figured out, if you have responded to a discussion that myLot removes than you loose a point, or if you respond twice to the same discussion you might get a point at first, and then they catch it and your points drop, and then someone said they think our points drop when you log into your own profile? Not sure on that one though. I know it is frustrating for sure. All we can do is carry on and hope for the best.
Yeah, this happens from time to time when Mylot is cleaning up old discussions and deleting some of them. I've noticed that my earnings don't go down very much, though, just the number by my name.
@JoyfulOne (6243)
I don't think it's being cheated as I've had it happen to me too here and there. I think what is happening is we answered a post that they either totally removed (because it was frivolous or required one-word answers), or if a person got banned and their discussions were taken away, then our points we earned on that discussion would go too. Not positive, but I think that might be what's going on anyways.
Hi marciascot, mylot administrators use to keep looking our post and responses and some times delete some of our response or disscussions after few days. so our numbers get reduced we can send private message to mylot and ask if we are sure and they reply the message with reason.