have you ever been let down?

@littleowl (7157)
i have a few good friends and there is always one or two of them when we make arrangements that phone up with plausible but silly excuses not to meet or come over-it really annoys me especially when i've got ready to go and meet them-this happens with one of my friends quite often and makes annoyed,upset and frustrated do you get let down a lot by people especialy thise close to you? please share and tell me about your experience/s-
@kiran1978 (4139)
Yes I agree with you littleowl it is really annoying when you make plans with someone and they phone up or text and make silly excuses why they can't make it. Why bother making arrangments to meet in the first place. This has happened to me recently, I caught up with a friend I had not seen in 20 years, we used to play together as kids. I met her again on facebook a month ago. So we caught up and we got along really well. She seemed really keen to catch up again. However we have made plans a few tims now to catch up and each time she keeps cancelling and saying she has to work, or she has been really busy. I just don't get it as she still is happy to talk to me all the time via emails and asks me to catch up again. However when the time comes to meet she always cancels. Starting to become annoying and it is a shame as I feel like backing away now, was hoping to become close friends again as I felt we had good connection.
@littleowl (7157)
hi kiran that is a shame-its a shame when we do arrange to meet up with someone and they let you down-canrelate to that a lot it is really annoying and there are one or two people i have backed away from because of it-but when you do have a good friendship with someone and they continually do that it is worse-at least those who do stay intouch and you do see you know are real friends-your friend littleowl
@daeckardt (6245)
I know what you mean. I often get annoyed by people who say they are going to do something and then for whatever reason, they don't follow through. A perfect example would be my brother. He has been telling me for two years that he was going to send for his son (who has been staying with me for most of the last two years) and he has told my nephew the same thing. My nephew is becoming very cynical about this because the two weeks that he was told in August he is still waiting for!!!
@littleowl (7157)
hello dae'-can relare to what you have said very much-it annoys me too when people let you down and there is someone in my life at the mo who is constantly doing this-i do feel for your nephew though it must be so upsetting for him to be let down like that all the time-i hope things will work out for you and them-blessed be littleowl
@daeckardt (6245)
littleowl, I think my nephew looks at the current situation as an adventure. How many 16year-olds do you know of who get to spend 5 months alone in Thailand? He does occasionally complain about his dad, but it is more about whether he will follow through next time or not. I am starting to feel the same way though. Thanks for getting back to me.
I have been let down in the past a lot but it has been a while I suppose since I have been let down. Mainly because I only have one girl who is a friend and we don't really go out we both have kids and I haven't been out with a friend I guess in like three to four years. LOL Awful. I had bad experience.
@littleowl (7157)
oh dear that doesn't sound nice-its a shame you only have one friend but at the same time it's better than none-there are decent people out there i hope you find another friend-but it is nice to have one friend you are close too and able to share your problems etc with-lol its the same with me only i don't have children-blessings littleowl
Thanks for the comment. I don't tell noone my problems or anything really personal that is where my bad experience started I use to tell someone everything till it backfired.
@stephcjh (32387)
I get let down alot. I have been let down several times in my life though. I don't have any friends outside of my marriage but I am very happy with that these days. I have tried to be friends with many people and have done alot for them. they never did the same for me and treated me badly in the end. I do not even try to friends with people anymore because of that. I get tired of being used and treated that way.
@littleowl (7157)
i am so sorry to hear about that and can understand why you feel this way-at times i feel i've met some good friends on mylot rather than other people around me so am very choosy with whom i class as a friend-it stil does't help though as you know-i have broken away from 'friends' too cos i've done a lot for them and they just take it for granted-its such a shame that peolpe can be like that-blessed be littleowl
@stephcjh (32387)
Thank you. I appreciate that alot. I have a few friends here on Mylot also. I stay away from actual "friends" in my life too because they use me and treat me bad in the end. I hate it that it always been that way all of my life but I am happy with just my husband and my daughter in my life right now.
@chiyosan (29393)
i have been let down too many times, but i just never learn and keep on putting my trust in other people :( i have always been tough but everytime i am let down by my close friends, i just feel so vulnerable to all kinds of bad feelings and i have to admit it kinda made me feel like you really cannot rely on others but yourself.
@littleowl (7157)
hi chiyosan-you are the same as me i never seem to learn and don't want to lose the friendship i have with close friends which makes it even more hard--guess there is a lesson to be learned and it is true what you say you come first and are the only one you can rely on-but even then i let myself down a lot too so that doesn't help either!lol maybe we will learn one day-guess we have to be more positive in our thoughts-blessed be littleowl
@ellie333 (21030)
I have had extremely unreliable friends in the past and did used to get very annoyed and frustrated when they used to let me down. If I have made an arrangement I will stickto it unless there is an absolute emergency situation which is rare and maybe I'm late or have to cancel. I used to ask myself why I had attracted these people into my life and what lesson I needed to learn from it, maybe more patience and understanding, I don't know. I have not kept people like this in my life, in fact I drove home a day early after being away to babysit for someones child only to be told when I text to see what time they dropping their child that they were going out anymore. I was livid and cut there and then as they were aware that I had driven back just to do that and hadn't bothered to text or phone to let me know. I will put up with a lot but enough is enough. Perhaps next time they make an arrangement, don't get ready andlet them down and see how hey like it, they won't at all. Ellie :D
@littleowl (7157)
my dear ellie it is so nasty when people just take you for granted and can be like that to you-it annoys me profoundly-yet you have done the right thing-just wish i could be the same as you butam too soft at times-though will say there has been a couple of people i have backed off from as they literally took the 'p' with the help etc i gave them-just hope you continue to be strong and not let people walk over you-blessed be itteowl
@vicky30 (4781)
In college me and my friends were supposed to go for a spiderman movie.I collected the money with difficulty for the movie and eating expenses.but the next day they did not come for the movie.they let me down.
@littleowl (7157)
thats not nice-guess being in college though there must be a lot going on which would of made them making other arrangements - even so that wasn't nice if they had made arrangements with you-but as said before there are genuine people out there who will be there for you and i hope you find someone like that-blesed be littleowl
@dtroas (481)
We all have been let down in life but I think that only makes us stronger, but if I had a friend that always let me down I would just not make plans with that person anymore.
@littleowl (7157)
thats true and yes it does make us stronger-thats good advice-littleowl