Are you a different person when you are online?

@yona06 (585)
Indonesia
I've been hanging around a lot at mylot. asking, commenting, responding, posting, babbling... and then i've come to realize that i am a different person when i'm interacting/socializing with someone through the internet compared to when i socialize/interact in the "real world". When i chat or participate in forums i tend to be more outgoing, confident and out-spoken, and when i say something online it's more constructive and makes more sense than when i personally speak. maybe it's because i have the chance to think longer and revise my sentences :). But thing is, i feel more like myself online than i do in the real world. Does anybody feel the same way i do or is this apparently some freakish side of me?
@YoungInLove (1254)
When your online your more likely to say things youd never say in person. Its easier to release your deep personal thoughts on line where no one really knows you. I guess all people are like that, im more likely to say or do things i wouldnt have the fguts to say or do in person just because in person its harder to tell your feelings?
@yona06 (585)
yes, i understand how you feel. as i said before, i tend to feel that people are more likely to judge me when we meet in person and that makes me nervous. i end up thinking about how nervous i am rather than thinking to what to say. then i end up getting lost in the conversation and i try not to say a word to save me from the humiliation, haha.. kind of pathetic :)
@dtroas (481)
I don't think that I am a different person on line then off I would hope not. But I will have to keep a watch on that.LOL
@yona06 (585)
that's nice. you must be a very confident person. i'm a bit of a timid and shy person, i sometimes find it hard to look people straight in the eye. it makes me nervous, especially when they have that "judging" look, and it breaks my concentration.
@MelanieW (66)
Yes i can understand what you mean. Sometimes i feel the same thing too. It fell more freedom to do things online, compare to the real life.
@yona06 (585)
yes, i agree. you can say that the online world gives us more freedom. one thing that is freeing is that we don't have to be as self-aware and spontaneous as we usually are when off, i guess.
@siZidni (1860)
this is really true. it's just happened to me? Are we sick if we are like this? i just feel it's OK for me being different compare to my real world. it's actually not a different personality of me but there's so much chance & opportunity for me to express my opinion here.