Does someone give you lilies or tulips for Easter?

Easter lilies....I just don't like them! - easter lilies
Every year without fail my son brings me an Easter Lily on Easter Sunday and as much as I appreciate the thought I hate them. For one thing I think they are ugly, they are too expensive and they die on me so fast. Last night he was here for dinner and I told him I would appreciate a nice house plant instead of a lily this year and he laughed and asked how I knew he was going to bring me a Lily! duh...after all these years of course I knew right? I told him all my reasons why I didn't want one and he agreed and said he will bring me a house plant instead. He's such a sweet kid! Does anyone bring you lilies,tuplips or any other floweres for Easter?
@carolscash (9503)
No, I don't get flowers for the holiday. However, I will probably get tulips for my daughter as that is her favorite. I prefer peonies and I will get some of those for Mothers' Day as that is what I ask for. I like Easter Lilies but I have never gotten flowers like that for Easter. It is nice that your son will bring you something else this year. I hope you like whatever it is that he brings. I am not a plant person as I usually kill them anyway.
My son has been bringing me lilies for Easter for as long as I can remember. I'm not good at keeping plants either but I keep trying. Hopefully this time it will work.
@raychill (6571)
Please make sure you pay attention to what flowers you get for your cats sake. Cats love to chew on plants and a lot of them are deadly. For instance, most lilies are poisonous to cats. There are a lot of common household plants and flowers that are poisonous to cats. Please please make sure you check that. You don't wanna kill Big Guy. anyhow. I hate flowers. But Lilies are the only flower I really like. But I don't like flowers as gifts. so no, I don't get them nor do I give them.
Yes, I know about flowers, plants and cats and I plan to hang any plants that I get very high so Bigguy won't go anywhere near them...it should be easy since nothing interests him anyway....lol
@raychill (6571)
Reggie cat is a plant fiend. I actually have fake grass and fake cattails... because real or fake Reggie cat will chew on them! He chews on them all the time. It's really funny. I have bamboo that is real though and I keep it on the fridge. Once in a while Reggie Cat will figure out how to get up there though and then I have to hide it for a while until he forgets about it again. Some cats just go crazy for that stuff...so who knows maybe bigguy would find an interest.
I was a single Mom for 10 years and I guess my brother felt sorry for me. He used to always get me a valentine card and a gift and he always brought me tulips on easter. Now that I'm married, he doesn't do it anymore. My husband doesn't bring me lillies or tulips because he bought me this farm instead and I grow my own! LOL
I think it's awesome that you can grow your own flowers! I would be much happier doing that than having someone give them to me!
• Marion, Kansas
A nice houseplant with some ribbons and some plant stickers that were decorative is just as Easter ish as a lily. No one ever gets me holiday plants, or plants at holidays, but I wish they would buy me plants sometimes.
I don't care if there are any ribbons or stickers or anything on it....just as long as it's just a plant...
@gemini_rose (16194)
No I dont get any flowers for easter, but I dont like lillies either, I had some once and I had cats at the time and someone told me that they are poisonous to cats! I had to get rid of them at once because at the time I had a persian who absolutely loved eating my plants and flowers and he had already been eyeing them up. I wasnt sure if it was true but I thought it best not to take the risk!
@chrislotz (8207)
Now that my kids are older and adults we don't celebrate Easter anymore. There was a time that my family used to get together and have dinner, when the kids in our family were all young, but now that none of us have any young kids and our kids don't have families yet, we don't do it anymore. I kind of miss it, though, and suggested it this year, to get together, but no one else in the family wanted to do it, so we didn't. So I thought I would just have my son and daughter-in-law over for supper, my daughter lives in another province, but they already made plans to go to her parent's house since her family still makes an Easter dinner. I hinted that maybe they could invite us over, too, but they didn't get the hint and I wasn't about to ask outright. So no Easter lilies or Easter eggs or Easter chocolates for us this year or for the last 5 years. Even my hubby doesn't think of buying me any, antmore. And since I don't have a car of my own, I had no way of going shopping and buying anything for my hubby. So for us it is just another Sunday.
@bethyboo (399)
Usually my husband will buy me flowers for almost every holiday but I told him this Easter I wanted some fake flowers so I can fix them up real pretty and they won't die. So he went out and picked out some really nice spring flowers. I put them in a vase with some decorative easter eggs. It is so pretty and I will get to enjoy them year after year.
@cortney09 (1348)
I got some with other flowers in a bouquet a couple of years ago for my birthday (from my husband). I think that hey are really pretty flowers. But I do understand what you mean about them dying quickly.