my interests...not working for me

@arkaf61 (10882)
I don't know about you all, but I would really appreciate that when I am about to start a new discussion and it asks me to choose an interest to add it to, I could have all those interests listed in alphabetical order. I am not sure in what kind of order they appear on the page, but it's a pain to look for what I want. I might have to go trough almost all of them until I find the one that I want. Am I the only one wishing for this or are there any more people feeling the same?
@charms88 (7541)
Hi arkaf, To be honest, I never bothered to look at my "Interests" section since I was a baby, lol! I find it too confusing and the discussions from my friends alone are more than enough to cover up 2 to 3 hours of the time I allotted to spend here. What I did was to keep circling around mylot. I prefer to use the "Discussions" section starting from top and going down to the bottom. =)
@arkaf61 (10882)
I might have explained myself poorly:) I often do that hehehe The interests page that I am referring to is the one that appears when we are starting a new discussion. It asks us to choose which interest we want to post the discussion under, and until we choose one we can't start a new discussion.
@charms88 (7541)
Oh that...very simple. I just pick "mylot," lol! I'm one who's never have any time to look for the other interests. =)
@arkaf61 (10882)
hehehehehe charms i often just choose general interests so I don't have to go looking for a special one. But if they were in alphabetical order I'm sure I would try harder :)
@tess1960 (2386)
I agree, I agree, I agree. Again I agree, alphabetical order would be so much easier. Hint to Mylot Staffers: Alphabelical order please!!!
@arkaf61 (10882)
I"m glad I"m not the only one wishing for this. But every time I start a new discussion I have to go trough the zillions of interests.. often I end up just using general interests because I don't have the patience to look trough so many interests:)
@tess1960 (2386)
I know what you mean.
Oh that is a great idea! I feel the same way...especially the longer we are here and the more interests we add. It is becoming very cumbersome to sort through and try to find the appropriate one. I feel the same way with our friends lists...love to have both interests and friends in alphabetical order. Why don't you send the suggestion to Mylot...or put it on Crash's site. They are always thanking members for suggestions...and this is a good one. Raia
@arkaf61 (10882)
Yes, I have so many interests that kept being added to ever since I first came to myLot that it's really a pain to go trough all of them. The friend's list is basically the same thing, they are in the order that they became our friends, but alphabetical would be easier. I might send the suggestion to mylot,can't put it on crash's site cuzz I can never find it LOL
@whyaskq (7532)
You are not alone. I agree it is a hazzle to select interest. So often, I use the few interest to post my discussion. It is easier than to create new interest again and again.
@arkaf61 (10882)
You're right, people don't have the patience to look trough all that - me included.
@subha12 (18453)
i think you are right. it would be very nice if these are in alphabetic order. i think Mylot admin will here this and we will soon get this upgrade.
@raijin (10373)
Yeah, I'm also hoping for that category to be organized by the administrators. Besides, we are having tons of it added on our list whenever we come to some by responding or simply participating here on mylot.. I believe that back when I was just starting here, it used to be very simple and easy to maneuver on that section but changed because of their so-called upgrades last year. Let's just hope that we do get noticed as well, since lately they've been changing and making mylot a lot easier to use
@arkaf61 (10882)
Yes, it seems that myLot has been listening so maybe this is something that they will work on at some point.
@polachicago (19073)
I am with you. I wish we don't have interests. Can we just run general discussion instead? Wouldn't that be easier? At least, like you just said, we can have it in alphabetical order.
@arkaf61 (10882)
I personally rarely or never look for discussions under my interests, but I know a lot of people do so maybe it is important to have them. But alphabetical order would help immensely:)
@coffeebreak (17820)
I'd sure like to see something like that too -maybe just the name and not the icon - but in alphabetical order would be great!
@arkaf61 (10882)
Yes, I could do without the icon too. Or with, it doesn't really matter to me as long as it's in alphabetical order. I just posted two discussions under house. I wanted to post under home, but it took to long to find it so I saw house and though" Ok , close enough". As it happens this was the interest related to House the tv series LOL
@drannhh (15240)
It is confusing, but even more so I would like my friends to be listed in alpabetical order! I don't think you are going to find you are along in this one. I also wonder what is the purpose of allowing people to start and keep really suggestive or even disgusting names for their interests. I like a nice clean family type site here.
@arkaf61 (10882)
Yes, it would help if the friends were listed alphabetically as well. It would make our lives so much easier :):):)