how do you save?

@skbh12 (2950)
i dont know how to save although my mom asked me to enroll in this pension plan thingy wherein you pay them monthly and as you finish the contract, money gets back to you triple times.. it is what you call forced savings because she knew i didnt know how to save. haha! well if i get paid high then i guess i would be able to save and now that she asked me to enroll in this plan, the more i couldnt save because i pay other bills like i pay my credit card and internet bills.. nothing goes to me after i get the salary. another thing, i buy things for myself with my own money. i dont ask anything from my mom though my dad still gives me weekly allowance but then it goes to my daily gas expenses. haha! can you give me any tips on how to save with small amount of salary i get every two weeks?
@dvschic (1796)
start by doing an auto save plan, just make it 5 or 10 dollars. then that goes into a high interest account or even just hide it in your closet. every time you get paid, take 10 and put it away, dont count it, dont look at it, just put it away... that's equal to two coffees, one dinner out, one t-shirt, whatever, just have to cut back on one lil thing and soon u'll have a nice lil savings plan going on
@skbh12 (2950)
10 dollars and that would be 400 pesos in the philippines.. hmmm.. well i can make it like 500 pesos weekly.. hmmm.. maybe it will help..thanks thanks..
@dvschic (1796)
the amount isn't as important as just doing it, it could be 200 pesos, just make sure u put a lil bit aside each and every time and dont spend it. since u spend a lot of money going out to eat, why dont u try going to the early bird special? having an early meal can sometimes save you money plus go to the matinee and then walk afterwards.. lil bits of money everywhere, u just have to find them
@skbh12 (2950)
yeah you are right.. maybe i can just set aside 200 pesos worth... that would be okay..thanks thanks for the suggestion!!! that was nice of you..
My priority for this year is to manage my finances or the bottomline is to SAVE. One of my strategies is to write what are the necessary things I need for a week. It helps me to stop being an impulsive buyer. Everytime I shop or go inside a mall, I carry with me my list thus it will make me think a couple of times before I grab a thing that makes my eyes widen. I also make a note of how much shall I spend per necessity from my income. I have to put a limitation or else I will end up with nothing inside my wallet. On a monthly basis I deposit the money I have set aside. It feels good seeing your savings account grow.. =)
@skbh12 (2950)
that is what i do too.. sometimes, eventhough i want to buy a certain thing that i could afford right there and then i still stop and think telling myself that i would still be able to buy that thing especially when the price goes down.. i just cant stop spending so much on food. haha!
@venshida (4837)
If you have a 401K at work contribute about 3 percent, most companies match a certain percentage. When you get raises insted of spending it put that in a savings account. You can also brown bag your lunch a couple of days a week. Eating out for lunch and dinner can add up, the money you save by bring your lunch from home save that.
@skbh12 (2950)
well i use the allowance my mother used to get from the hospital canteen but there are times that i dont like the food preparation that is why i eat somewhere else or call for a food delivery.. but of course i should learn how to save.. darn!
@Foxfire1875 (2011)
It is a good idea to have savings. It is hard if your income is small but then the amount you save each fortnight doesn't have to be a lot, just what you can afford to put aside. Maybe look at what you spend your money on and consider not buying everything you want right away could help.
@skbh12 (2950)
you have a point there.. yeah.. i should spend on things one at a time.. haha.. well... normally it goes all to the foods i eat.. i love to eat and whenever i go out on a date, we go to movies and eat on restaurants.. waaah!!! that is why i am always gaining weight and not losing!