Voting people off the Biggest Loser... is it fair?

@vivasuzi (4125)
I was explaining to my husband how the biggest loser works and he didn't understand why there would be any voting involved. When I explained, he assumed that everyone would want to vote off the person who is doing the least or whatever b/c they don't deserve it as much. However, that's usually not the case as these people would rather vote off their biggest threats or those who still have a lot of weight to lose. So it got me thinking, is voting in The Biggest Loser even fair? How about the contests where they win "1 pound off" or they win immunity? Shouldn't it really be down to the person with the lowest percentage of weight loss is just cut. The end. I just don't think voting is fair in a show like this since someone could be cut b/c they are a threat even if they are doing decent. What do you think?
@freak369 (4929)
I just started watching the Couples version and was clueless why they would vote someone off that was doing good. Then I "got it" and it made sense to get rid of anyone that was consistently losing weight but that could go in reverse if you were forced to vote someone off your own team. As a whole I think the show is great and can be a real motivator for people who want to lose weight but I think they really need to stress that what you are seeing on an hour episode is only a glimpse into what they have to do to get those 10 - 15 pound drops in weight.
@vivasuzi (4125)
Yeah that is why they do it. They want the best people gone so that they have more chances to get to the end. I do like the show and think it is a good motivator, just hate the voting part of it. I certainly know how much they work out :) Like Jillian often says it's 6 hours a day, then of course they eat right AND do competitions. Plus, it's easier for a real big person to drop weight than someone who only has to lose a few pounds. That's one thing they don't talk about much. When people start to lose a lot, and then one week they only lose 1 or 0, Biggest Loser doesn't explain that it's harder b/c they don't have a ton left to lose. Oh well!
@minnie_98214 (10574)
Thats why its called reality tv. As sad as it is this is the way people are. That is also why people watch these shows. Me I dont watch Biggest Loser but I do like many other reality shows and they are almost all alike. They make no sense and are highly unfair and we love to watch them lol.
@vivasuzi (4125)
Yeah it's true on show's like survivor that they will vote off the biggest guy so they can make it further. However on The Biggest Loser, I don't think they should vote AT ALL. It should be, the person who loses the least % is out, no ifs ands or butts. It should be a pure game of who loses the most. Like Amazing Race has no voting. The last person to get to the checkpoint is out. That is the kind of game I like. Sure I watch Big Brother, Survivor, Biggest Loser, etc, but the shows I prefer are the ones where the loser is determined by how well they did in the contest, not by voting.
@carinio98 (2935)
for me voting in fair and square is the most good than make u cheat. coz if you cheat it means your a looser. ever you cheat to vote? i dont like cheating so i dont do that... i want to be fair so that i will know who is the really win the tourney.