Do you think you can walk on water?

I remember when I was younger, everytime I changed a job, no matter how great a company I worked for, I always had the attitude, "thats ok, I'll get another one". Then I looked up one day and I was 48 and realized how all of my life I chose to think that I walked on water. I remember thinking that it was ok to not wear my seat belt, even though I saw pictures that depicted what the horrific results could be. After all, that could never happen to me. Oh sure, thats horrible about what happened to cousin Joe, but that could never happen to me. Yes, the serial rapist is in my neighborhood, but I won't lock my door, because that could never happen to me. Walking on water. Yes, I wear my seat belt, no I don't have a cousin Joe and no, there is no serial rapist in my neighborhood, these are just examples, but at the same time I am guilty of thinking I walk on water. Are you guilty of thinking you walk on water or have you been in the past?
@sherrir101 (3670)
Walking on water. That is a great way to word this feeling. Yes, I am also guilty of walking on water. I am not comepletely fearless, but did believe for that a long time. "That's okay, it will all work out in the end." And I wonder why it didn't. Until, I took a stand for myself in my own life. I was guilty of just this. Nothing can happen or everything happens for a reason. Thank you for posting this and pointing this out. Although, I have changed, things can still change. I hope that I worded this all alright.
It is real easy to become complacent in our lives and sometimes we need to remember that nothing lasts forever.
@Shaun72 (15968)
• Palatka, Florida
Yes a few times like when my last boss use to tell me I could run the back very well. That made me feel like I could walk on water. I didn't get fired I wuit because of health reasons.
I hope your health has improved since you had that job.
@Shaun72 (15968)
• Palatka, Florida
Unfortantly I learned that I haver multiple sclrosis. So I can't work anymore espically fast food. i can't take the heat.
@NeoComp (1320)
LOL No I can't walk on water!! But I CAN walk on thin ice. But I need to jump off the ice before it breaks. Other than that I have never been able to walk on water.
Very cute, but just remember to be cautious, because they don't have warning signs in the middle of the lake, only on the edge.
@whittby (3073)
I've always been the cautious type with seat belts, locking my doors and that stuff. Job-wise, I blithely went from job to job with no trouble securing the next one. I guess I thought I was securely employed forever. I was a hot shot employee at the top of the food chain. Then getting out of the job field a few years, a relocation and here I am not so employable. Like the grasshopper who played in the sun, I should have been updating skills, and keeping up. whit
You gave the perfect example. Thanks.
@chiyosan (30206)
i might have been like this in the past.. but it never got to my head for me to leave my job. this is my first job ever and all the benefits i enjoy are just incomparable to other companies. of course i think i can always get better salary to begin with - but here comes the offer, i would think of the more important things like medical benefits and viola.. i would be like a scared cat and go right back at work... but when it comes to other things than work.. yes i walk on water.. that i neglect the people who loves me cause i am like no way.. he loves me and will be faithful and all... i can easily find another person to love me... etc etc... now i am single.. haha i am on a sinking boat! :P
@ayou82 (3460)
Jesus can walk.. but i dont think i can do that.. thats magic and i dont have the power to do that so that is very impoissible.
@maddysmommy (16235)
I took a few risks when I was younger but was always careful when it came to my own safety. I always wore a seatbelt but did not often lock our doors as crime back then was not as serious as it is now. I use to get laughed at for wearing my seatbelt in Samoa because they only drive like 25-30 mph but it became a habit that I didn't drop LOL The only time I didn't wear one was when I was sitting at the back of a truck (which we were allowed to there). Even though our apartment has security access, I still lock both locks on the door during the day and night. You just never know. With all that is happening on the news nowadays, one can never be too careful. As soon as I left school I got a job and stayed there for 10 years. I moved up from a junior position to a senior one and it was very rewarding. The only time I thought to leave the job and move on was when we moved countries twice.