White House NOT RELEASING Pentagon Report!

@anniepa (26067)
Why am I not in the least bit surprised by this? http://www.crooksandliars.com/2008/03/12/breaking-white-house-not-releasing-damaging-pentagon-report/ I first heard yesterday that a U.S. military study had found no direct connection between Saddam Hussein and al Qaeda. This is from ABC News: The Bush Administration apparently does not want a U.S. military study that found no direct connection between Saddam Hussein and al Qaeda to get any attention. This morning, the Pentagon cancelled plans to send out a press release announcing the report’s release and will no longer make the report available online. The report was to be posted on the Joint Forces Command website this afternoon, followed by a background briefing with the authors. No more. The report will be made available only to those who ask for it, and it will be sent via U.S. mail from Joint Forces Command in Norfolk, Virginia. It won’t be emailed to reporters and it won’t be posted online. Asked why the report would not be posted online and could not be emailed, the spokesman for Joint Forces Command said: “We’re making the report available to anyone who wishes to have it, and we’ll send it out via CD in the mail.” Another Pentagon official said initial press reports on the study made it “too politically sensitive.” UPDATE: According to ABC News, “[The report] won’t be emailed to reporters and it won’t be posted online.” I guess we can't be trusted with the truth! Annie
@Thoroughrob (11771)
I think they are afraid of the static it will cause. You say we can't be trusted with the truth, but I think it is more like we cannot trust that what we are told is the truth. They only tell you what they want you to know.
@MntlWard (880)
There was an earlier report that said this. So why did they need this new one, anyway? Are there really that many people who still think that Saddam Hussein was a supporter of al-Qaeda? One of the goals of al-Qaeda was to oust Hussein from power, because they wanted a theocratic government in Iraq. They have George W. Bush to thank for taking measures that caused these two things to occur.