My first time cooking corned beef

I hope it comes out right. I am simmering it down on the stove. My friend said to let it cook till it falls apart. The problem is I had no idea I was this tired. I have to prepare for bed early. will something go wrong if I put it in the fridge. I can continue to cook it tomorrow. Plus what seasoning do you put in yours. she said to put nothing in it. Just change the water a few times. I don't know. Thanks for the help everyone.
@Rozie37 (15503)
• Turkmenistan
I am not much of a corn beef eater. But I know that it goes well with cabbage.
Yes I have the cabbage as well. I will make that tonight or tomorrow.
@lilybug (21148)
I either cook mine in a crock pot or roast it in the oven. The corned beef that I buy has a packet of spices in it. I sprinkle that on top and that is all I use. I also never change the water. You should be able to put it in the fridge until tomorrow and it will be fine.
Hi its perfectly all right to put it in the fridge and finish cooking it tomorrow. the corned beef I bought last night had a seasoning packet with it and I will put that in the cooking water and just simmer it until its so tender it falls apart. If yours did not come with a seasoning packet put some bayleaf,oregano and thyme and basil in it and it will make a scrumptious dinner. also boil up some cabbage to go with it.yum yum
also with the cabbage don't overcook it just until the leaves are a little limp but its still green and crisp. it tastes better that way and is more nutritious.
@winterose (39918)
search me, I only tasted corn beef in a can and simply hated it so I have never tried to cook it.