What would you do if you were this boss?

@icyorchid (2564)
Has your boss ever told you you may or may not be getting a pay check on payday? Story behind question: My daughter got word on Monday that she may not get a pay check today because her boss is sequesterd on jury duty. Now on Tuesday she was told she is getting paid. On Thursday she told me it is back to a possible not being paid and last night she found out that the jury is handing in their verdict today, so hopefully they will get paid. Now this person is the ONLY business owner of the day care. She had no back up plan for an emergency and she has an accountant. She wants to do things herself. Questions: Do you think it is right of this woman to do this? Do you think she should have made arrangements for payday? What would you do if you were this business owner? What would you do if you were the employee?
@lishiwei (1553)
I think she is abviously wrong to have made arrangements fot payday.If I'm the employee I will let her pay back to me or I will call the poliseman to solute it.It's so ungry for people.
@icyorchid (2564)
Thank you :) Not much the police can do right now though.
@cher913 (25890)
of course she should have made other arrangements for this...that is why you cannot do all of this yourself...can she get the accountant to do it?
@icyorchid (2564)
She said she want's to do it all herself. It just don't make since to me at all. I think this is very irresponsible. Thanks for the reply
@jillbeth (2711)
The boss sounds like a control freak. She needs to learn to delegate responsibility. I think as an employee I could overlook this situation one time, but if it happened again I would probably start looking for another job.
@icyorchid (2564)
She sounds like it to me. I told my daughter she could give the responsibility to her daughter this time but her daughter has school and all. So she can't do it and apparently she doesn't trust the accountant to take care of it. Everyone is waiting on money because of bills being due. Car notes, etc. They are really upset about the whole mess. Thanks for the reply
@maddysmommy (16233)
That is very irresponsible of the boss to have no back up plan. Surely the accountant should be able to issue paychecks accordingly. I think that is very unfair on the workers just because she is on Jury duty. The world doesn't stop because of it. That is very poor planning on her part and now the employees and others have to suffer because of it. I agree that she should of made arrangements for payday either having another employee do it for her or her accountant. If owned the business I may have arranged to do this all before the Jury duty came along so when I was away, it was attended to, either delegated to someone I trust. It's not hard to do that nor to make other arrangments. If I was the employee I might just have a quiet word with her depending on what type of person she/he is. I would voice my concern in a nice way because I wouldn't want it happening again. A back-up plan needs to be worked out.