sarcastic daughter

first of all i want to say hi to everyone, i've been really busy with college and haven't been around much but it's great to be back anyway i have a funny story i wanted to share. my daughter who is 4 was eating a sucker, i asked if she wanted to watch a movie together. she said wait til i'm done the sucker. so i replied you can't watch your sucker and watch the movie at the same time. ok i know i messed it up. she starts laughing at me and stick out her sucker and says so sarcastically. i'm watching it. i'm watching the sucker, it's not doing anything. it was so funny. are anyone e'se's kids this sarcastic
@soccermom (3200)
It must be something about suckers! My 5 year olds teacher called me last week to let me know that my child had been "rude" to the dentist that came to visit her class. I guess at the end of his spiel the dentist gave all the kids a sucker (not sugar free either) and my daughter says to him. :Wait, I'm supposed to brush my teeth and stay away from suger, but you're giving me a sucker? You don't make sense." LOL My response to the teacher was that my child did have a point there, but that I'd talk to her about the way she says things. Is it just me or are they growing up faster than we did?
that is so funny and so smart. it's true, he was contradicting himself. it's kind of hard to get angry with them. at least she was lisnting and learning but i guess it's all about how you bring up your thoughts. lol
@sizzle3000 (3040)
Aparently your daughter really likes her sucker and wanted to give it her full attention. I can understand that. I am glad you are doing good in college. I know you have worked very hard to get ahead and I hope it is working for you. I am also glad you are back writting a little. I have always enjoyed your stories about your daughter. These stories remind me of when my daughter was little. They do grow up so fast. This is why they say kids say the darndest things. I am sure you will here other great lines from her as she grows up. Thanks for sharing this story with us too.
thanks, good to hear from you, glad my friends are still around after i've been away so long. college is going good, i'm so glad i went back. in two weeks i go out on a 5 week placement. i'll be working at a local museum and can't wait. after that i'm off for the summer and hopefully get a job right away. anyway glad to hear from you
@dragon54u (31340)
Your daughter has a great sense of humor! I think that's one of the really important things necessary for a happy life. I can't remember offhand any one time my kids were sarcastic but I know they could be and they made me laugh so much! They're so precious, aren't they? Enjoy these days, they'll be gone before you know it!