All I want for Easter....

@mummymo (23707)
Ok guys i really have to go to bed - after weeks of being a good girl and having the computer off by midnight I find myself sitting here at 2 am writing this! Just wanted to share this little story with you! My 6 year old daughter lost one of her front teeth the other week and ever since the other one has got looser and looser. Last night it was hanging by an invisible thread, honestly I have no idea how it was staying there! She was twisting it, wiggling it , poking it with her tongue but nothing would work! I couldn't let her go to bed the way it was as I was scared she would swallow it and she wouldn't let me try to get it out! Eventually I reverted to an old favourite and gave her a toffee, clever Mummy , within seconds it was out! Anyway she always (well she has already lost the bottom two, so this is her fourth tooth) puts her tooth under her pillow in an envelope for the tooth fairy but las night she insisted on leaving it in her ornamental toothkeeper but that clever tooth fairy still found it and left her money , with no deductions for the finders fee! lol All night I keep singing to her all I want for Easter is my 2 front teeth! At first she laughed and told me at least she would be able to eat her easter eggs without her tooth wobbling but by the time she went to sleep if looks could kill I wouldn't be here by now! So I guess i want to know if you have any funny tooth stories, any traditions of how to get those wobbly baby teeth out or tooth fairy traditions? i look forward to reading any responses when I wake up tomorrow! lol xxx
@Lakota12 (42684)
mine was they putit under pillow and the fairy came and paid for them. Later my daughter has saved all the teeth that she has had to get pulled by the dentist. ONe way to get a tooth out was the old door knob and string worked every time.
@mummymo (23707)
The door knob and string was what winter above used to use sweety! lol I always put my tooth under the pillow too, and Niamh did with her her first 3 , no idea why she changed that but it did make it easier for the tooth fairy to remove the tooth and leave the money! xx
@Lakota12 (42684)
yes under the pillow dont make the tooth fairy hunt for it saves time for her to go to the next person lol
@mummymo (23707)
@weemam (13377)
As I told her my dad used to sterilize his pliers and pull mine but only when it was really slack and hanging out , I will get her to whistle for me the next time we are along to visit , I was late myself last night and I had a brilliant lie in , xx
@mummymo (23707)
I took a photo of her on my mobile but for some reason I can't upload it! lol She would have went mad if anyine tried to go near her with pliers, she wouldn't let me near her! lol Glad you had a nice long lie, so did the kids and I was awake before them despite not getting to sleep til about 5! It was ok when I could sleep a bit in the mornings but I haven't been able to do that all week! xxx
@weemam (13377)
I don't blame her , I widna let you near me with pliars either lol xx
@mummymo (23707)
I wasn't going to use pliers Mam, just my fingers! xxx
@kbourgerie (8781)
I remember my oldest son was very upset because he had lost a tooth while playing outside in a field and after frantically looking for it came to me in tears. He thought because he had lost it that it meant he wouldn't be paid by the Tooth Fairy. I explained to him calmly that in this day and age the tooth fairy technology is very advanced and they have what would be comparable to a GPS tracking system for lost teeth and that at the moment it had become lost a large red revolving light had gone off in the tooth fairy headquarters and that as we spoke agents were in the field recovering the lost tooth. I have since used the same story with my two younger children.
@mummymo (23707)
Rofl That is a wonderful and very cute way of explaining it sweetheart! I think it is amazing how some people can think so quickly and inventively when it is really needed! Well done you and thank you for making me roar with laughter! xxx
One thing I like about having children so late in my life is that it has helped to keep my imagination active. I didn't have my first child until I was 30 and my last at 39. It definitely keeps your mind busy.
@Darkwing (21588)
Milk teeth have no roots, so when they're very wobbly and just hanging on by a thread, it is just skin which is holding it. So, I found with my granddaughter (can't remember back to my own kids), an apple helped her with her front teeth. If you refuse to cut an apple up, they can't avoid using their front teeth at some point, and there isn't too much pain. I'm so glad you had the foresight of not sending her to bed without removing the tooth first. It could have been dicey for her, and very messy for you, had she swallowed it, because they don't like to lose their money from the faery... to be sure! Brightest Blessings, my dear friend. xxxxxx
@mummymo (23707)
PMSL Yep , very , very messy eurrgh! You know I still have no idea how it stayed attatched , it seemed to be dangling in thin air! lol She loves apples but refused to have one in her lunch box on Friday partly because it was sore and partly cos we had melon and she wanted that instead! lol the little erm angel probably willed the tooth to stay there so she could have some toffee! lol xxxx
@Darkwing (21588)
Yes, very probably. They will go to great lengths to weasel something out of you that they really want! xxx
When I was growing up the threat of having string tied around the wobbly and then to the door handle did not appeal to me so I used to yank them out myself. I wonder if anyone ever really did have the string/doorknob system?
@mummymo (23707)
I didn't need any persuasion I used to love twisting the wobbler round and round until it snapped clean out! Winter on the previous page used to use that method and I see lori below did too! Ouch - don't think I would have liked that sweets! xxx
@wickedangel (1636)
• Dominican Republic
Hope you had a good sleep, that was a wonderful story. I don't have any kids (doesn't seem like it is ever gonna happen but shan't complain!) so it is absolutely great to hear your stories. I can't give you one back in return but please keep them coming. They make me smile!!!
@mummymo (23707)
Gee thank you so much wickedangel that is so sweet! I wish I had a better memory as our two and especially Niamh keep us laughing all the time! I will try and keep posting them just for you sweetheart! xxxx
@wolfie34 (26793)
Bless her! Thanks for sharing, made me laugh, I bet with all the money she has earnt for her teeth she could buy you a big Easter Egg for Easter ;0) Ouch, that hurt he he he, well I did try for you. I remember getting a fifty pence piece under my bed which mum put under there for me, well I am going back some years now. I think I went straight out and bought some sweets, great for pulling more out. The novelty wore off when you get older. The last time I had a tooth out, it took the poor dentist over an hour trying to shift it it was so embedded into the root. After all that you'd think he'd give me something nicer than a bill for the privelidge wouldn't ya! I dunno all pain and no gain xxx
@mummymo (23707)
PMSL Poor Wolfie! She could buy much more than an egg for me - she has gotten £20 from the tooth fairy for 4 teeth but that is only cos they were front teeth and the tooth fairy pays more for them! She has bought a few books with some of the money and the rest is in her piggy bank but she isn't daft, she gets me to buy her things at the sdhop that she will give me the money back for , honest Mum, but the sly part is she knows fine well I will forget and by the time I remember well neither of us can remember how much it cost - well she claims she can't remember! lol Hugs sweetheart! xxx
@TerryZ (22083)
Awwwww Im so glad her tooth came out before she went to bed. Good thinking on your part.LOL I use to love when my tooth would come out because tooth fairly would always come and leave money under my pillow and take the tooth.LOL xxx
@mummymo (23707)
I wouldn't have let her sleep til it came out - I was paranoid! After all it isn't the first time she has had to have xrays after swallowing things like coins etc! lol Yep I think the reason niamh gets so excited when she gets a wobbly tooth is the tooth fairy money she wakes up to under her pillow, usually or in this case in her ornamental tooth keeper! lol xxx
@CatsandDogs (13964)
lost a tooth! - Isn't she cute? She lost a tooth!
I can't remember any of my own but I remember my God son having lost his two front teeth because he was pushed into the emptied pool in his back yard by his younger brother and lost his teeth. It took about 3 years before his adult teeth came in and I remember him asking me "God mommy, when are my teeth going to grow in?" I felt so sorry for him because he was having such a time biting into things. I gave him a hug and told him that I didn't know but we can pray that it'll be soon.
@mummymo (23707)
Aww the poor little mite! When they come out naturally it doesn't take too long for them to grow in what a shame his were knocked out in such a painful way before his adult teeth were ready to grow in! That would have been heartbreaking! xxx
@gabs8513 (48715)
You are so awful to the poor Baby I don't know how would you like it if you lost yours then I would get little Sweetheart to sing it to you I don't know what are you like I hope that you are going to buy her some new Teeth for Easter
@mummymo (23707)
I am awful to Niamh? Are you for real? She was singing the song too oh yes and she DID break one of my teeth! lol I think she loves having the big space too, she grins at you to let you see the missing teeth! I have bought her something better for Easter than teeth - I have bought her a Bratz vanity case with make up and brushes and stuff! xxx
@gabs8513 (48715)
Thats only so she leaves yours alone lol Hey you have worse to come Sweetie it will soon be your Clothes and Shoes lol believe me I know xxxxx
@mummymo (23707)
Leaves mine alone, are you for real? That girl has more make up at 6 than I have ever owned! lol Even now I have only just managed to get enough together to create a 'face'! As for the clothes and shoes - I wish she were older I could steal some of hers! lol xxx
@worldwise1 (14887)
While my story might not be so humorous, mummymo, it is quite memorable. We were having an informal gathering at my home and most of the grandchildren were running wild, enjoying each other's company while the grownups socialized. I was raising one of my granddaughters who happened to collide with one of my grandsons, resulting in his hard head hitting her in the mouth. I was in a near-panic state when I saw the blood. Her two front upper teeth were clearly knocked down and we knew that she would need emergency treatment. She was treated at the emergency room and eventually had to have the teeth removed, but it was a very scary incident. The dentist later told us that it was lucky for her that her permanent teeth had not yet come in.
@mummymo (23707)
Memorable indeed worldwise my friend! It is indeed fortunate that she still had her milk teeth! Poor little scone that must have hurt a lot! I bet it took a lot longet than usual for those teeth to grow in as well aas the replacement adult teeth would not have been ready to break through! xxx
@worldwise1 (14887)
You are right, mummymo. We had started to believe the permanent teeth would never come in, but they eventually did.
@mummymo (23707)
And I bet she was very pleased when they grew in! xxx
@raydene (9875)
Hi Doll When I was losing my first tooth I had gone to stay overnight with My sister/other mommy Joanie like I often did. Joanie had just gotten a rabbit for her toddler Randy. Randy was around 2 1/2 and I was about 5. Randy was crawling behind the sofa to find the bunny and I followed. He crawled through and went out the other side and the bunny trying to get away back tracked and came in the back of the sofa as I was almost at the other end. He jumped in and startled me. I screamed and it scared the rabbit so he leaped at my face as I was about to give a huge howl. One of he paws hit my front tooth and it popped out and I quickly swallowed it. Of course my Joanie to the rescue dried my tears and told me that the tooth fairy had a spy watching when it was time for children to loose their teeth and has seen the whole thing and I would still get my nickle and my gosh I did that very night. I'm not sure if I actually remember or if I was just told the story so many times that I think I remember. xoxoxoxoxoxxo
@mummymo (23707)
Aww that is cute and obviously swallowing the tooth did you no harm - that was what I was worried about with Niamh! Thanks for sharing that story with me Mom but I have a real big question. Bet you can guess what it is right? Yep it is did you EVER find the tooth? lol xxx
@maddysmommy (16235)
Thats a cute story to share with us mummymo and I like the little easter song you sang too :) too cute! I don't have any funny tooth stories to share but I enjoyed reading your one. Glad to hear all is well with you!
@mummymo (23707)
Glad that you enjoyed it Sweetheart! The song was adapted to an old one that used to be around that was All I want for Christmas is my two front teeth! I am sure if you give it time I will be reading a cute story about your lovely son and his teeth! lol Hugs sweety! xxx
same for me here`
@mummymo (23707)
Thank you for sharing that liquidblot! xx
@Winter08 (441)
In hind sight, I don't know how we did this. Better yet, WHY we did this. When I was little, our tradition for pulling out those loose, bothersome teeth that just would NOT let go ... Someone (I can't remember who) would tie one end of a long length of string around the tooth with the other end tied to a door knob. Someone would then open the door, pulling it away from the poor shmuck with the string in his mouth and, thus, pulling out that stubborn tooth. I think the reasoning behind this was that the pullee was to have no idea when the puller would be opening the door thus "surprising" the pullee and "saving" him/her from the pain of anticipating the pain. Again, in hind sight, I have no idea how we thought this was better than just having someone reach in and pull out the darn tooth.
@mummymo (23707)
LOL I have heard of this happening winter but NEVER actually done it despite the offers of such help my older brothers used to offer! I preferred to twist and twist the loose tooth for as long as it took! Thank you for making me laugh with my breakfast sweety! xxx