What happened with the virtual game 'Second life' ?

Romania
On the begining of this site I heard a lot of things, news, lately, nothing.Is this virtual life gone, over or just nobody talk about it anymore. Have you participate on this 'game'? I heard a lot of people gain money on this, real money exchanged in real life. Maybe you can say a word about it. Thank you!
@missbdoll (1168)
I was jsut thinking about that the other day, after seeing a couple of programs about it on local TV, taht was months ago.I donn't know if many people in Australia were on it.
@Baltek (261)
Yep, they ran an agressive marketing campaign, now that they have many members, the site owners just live out of that.
Could be a reason.Long time haven't heard about it.Thanks for your response
@stvasile (7317)
I'm sorry, I never heard of "Second life". I just joined a Romanian quiz game called "Conquiztador". You play a kind of Trivia and you get coins you can auction for different prizes.
Oh it is old and it has a lot of publicity on tv and internet, but now they stopped.
@chunter (1761)
Second life? Its not really a fun game per say....Its more like a badly programmed The Sims game that also let users interact and do business... Yes, you can earn money from it, but depending on what you do...The virual currency is Linden dollar L$ ....and its not like its L$1 to USD$1 ... You can earn a lot if you are doing trading etc, though I believe you can also work like a security guard for some companies (but the wage is very low).. I would not suggest playing the game coz if you want to earn from it, you need to sort of invest the money first to set up shop etc
and first of all you have to invest your own money.To add in your virtual account some real money and then to begin to invest them. Thanks for your response!
@OWA777 (34)
• Denmark
ohhhh btw forgot to mention i never invested anything just erm you have to buy Linden dollars(L$) once before you can sell the ones you got so i bought once for like 1-5 usd$ dont remeber
@OWA777 (34)
• Denmark
yeah im a active user ive gotten a good amount of money from it 574 USD$ so far i think its great fun and so usefull for a lot of things and very intuitive and you can gain money from it whats not to like though it should be noted i invested a lot of time in it before i started making any kind of money at all